< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 9mm  (Read 4103 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: 9mm
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »
Yeah. We went from discussing the known performance measurements of various calibers to blaming women for being "weaker" to blaming liberalism to discussing how to stop Muslims from entering heaven. All in 2 pages of the same thread. Pretty impressive.

Yay us!  We are really----ooh, shiny!

What?
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »
Yeah. We went from discussing the known performance measurements of various calibers to blaming women for being "weaker" to blaming liberalism to discussing how to stop Muslims from entering heaven. All in 2 pages of the same thread. Pretty impressive.
:( sorry...lost control.  I will add though that no one blames women for being weaker as you suggest; the point was that feminist dogma dictates that men and women have the same abilities, and that might have something to do with the popularity of the 9mm among PC bureaucrats, which is what started this thread (before it was derailed by talk about ballistic gel, which no one complained about).  Handgun stopping power also seems to be a permissible subject on the thread, so there was some talk about how any bullets (including 9mm) can be made better at stopping Islamic terrorists.  Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:44:03 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2014, 01:47:41 PM »
In a forum that isn't regulated by Nazis (had to get that in  :laugh:  you know a discussion is over when Hitler or Nazis are invoked) or Marxists it is common for threads to wonder.  It's a sign of freedom.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2014, 05:10:09 PM »
Haha! Bravo sir!
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »
In a forum that isn't regulated by Nazis (had to get that in  :laugh:  you know a discussion is over when Hitler or Nazis are invoked) or Marxists it is common for threads to wonder.  It's a sign of freedom.
Yes my friend, by the grace of God we live in a place where free expression is a right, even if some might not like what is being expressed, for whatever reason.  Some might argue that the Bill of Rights only limits what government can do, but I would say that it's also a blueprint for American cultural norms.  I wouldn't call those who complain about what I post Nazi-like though, since there was no attempt to force anything on us; I'd say they were exercising the same rights we were exercising, and my response is to use those same rights to explain the flaw in their assertions.  I did that, by explaining that what you and I were discussing was indeed related to bullet stopping power, and the part about the 9mm and PC bureaucrats especially was very directly related to the OP.  I would add that a thread is never really derailed no matter what someone looking for an excuse to ***** about something might assert, since anyone who wants to is perfectly free at any time to post something that relates directly to the original.  And no one is ever forced to read something they think is not pertinent or whatever.  Letting a thread wander wherever it wants doesn't hurt anything IMHO.   
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.