< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENGC Trap Shoot- Oct 2nd  (Read 863 times)

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
ENGC Trap Shoot- Oct 2nd
« on: September 30, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »
We have another Trap shoot scheduled for Thursday October 2nd, sign in starts at 0800, shooting around 0900, or when we start getting anxious.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
Re: ENGC Trap Shoot- Oct 2nd
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:00:14 AM »
Well, the fair weather shooters stayed home yesterday, although we did have enough show for a squad.
Two rounds were shot before the rain moved in and things got a little damp, shot 21 and 21, not real good, but if I can stay in the 20's, I'm happy.
I'm thinking, not a lot of shotgunners on this forum, maybe we can change that ,but those of you who do, and after meeting DanW last Sunday, I know he has, I just want to say that I have a lot of respect for those who shoot competition. How do you run 200 or more straight, how do you get to 50, the concentration has got to be at the highest level. These juniors that shoot today are impressive, to say the least, my hats off to all of you that coach these kids.
The next shoot at ENGC is scheduled for October 11, and since we start at 0900 now, maybe we can get a certain fellow clay shooter to venture down south, won't mention any names at this time.

See you out there.

LeeM
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:06:01 AM »
Well, the fair weather shooters stayed home yesterday, although we did have enough show for a squad.

It would be easier for some of us to show up if it weren't in the morning of a weekday when we are at work.  :)

I'm thinking, not a lot of shotgunners on this forum, maybe we can change that ,but those of you who do, and after meeting DanW last Sunday, I know he has, I just want to say that I have a lot of respect for those who shoot competition. How do you run 200 or more straight, how do you get to 50, the concentration has got to be at the highest level. These juniors that shoot today are impressive, to say the least, my hats off to all of you that coach these kids.

Pretty amazing how good they can get, isn't it?  The spirit of competition is a real motivator, and competition itself is a serious reality check on actual skill.

I've only shot skeet once, and have never shot trap.  One of these days, I'll find time to try it out!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 10:52:20 AM »
It would be easier for some of us to show up if it weren't in the morning of a weekday when we are at work.

I understand this, the next one is on a Saturday.
I'm opposite of most on scheduling, my mornings are mostly free, afternoons and evenings, I get busy.
I believe the trap shooting revolves around the W4G schedule, so they try to fit several different shooting disciplines into the two days they have to work with, some Thursday, some Saturday.

LeeM
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer