< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ebola in Texas  (Read 3668 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Ebola in Texas
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 09:14:40 PM »
 barbed wire, gotta get more barbed wire,

:o

damn, I need more ammo, and a bigger truck, and more food, damn, I thought zombies were bad news.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 11:40:25 PM »
Just saying....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUPONT-QC122S-TYCHEM-COVERALL-QC-Coverall-w-Hood-Socks-Attached-12-Case-/271389186923?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f300e5b6b

$120 for a case of 12?  I feel stupid that I haven't hit 'buy it now' yet! 

The Unprepared will go quickly, whether it's eBola or whatever else comes after that!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 12:03:46 AM »
$120 for a case of 12?  I feel stupid that I haven't hit 'buy it now' yet! 

The Unprepared will go quickly, whether it's eBola or whatever else comes after that!
Just FYI, those suits are for chemical exposure. You will want this for biohazards.
http://www.esafetysupplies.com/DuPont-Tychem-TK-HazMat-Fully-Encapsulated-Level-A-Coverall.html

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 12:07:07 AM »
Just FYI, those suits are for chemical exposure. You will want this for biohazards.
http://www.esafetysupplies.com/DuPont-Tychem-TK-HazMat-Fully-Encapsulated-Level-A-Coverall.html

There goes my eBola prepper budget!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 07:03:07 AM »
The Tychem QC suits are what I have seen US healthcare workers wearing in various TV coverage.

These are certainly better than nothing and more in my price range.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:21:09 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 09:50:13 AM »
The Tychem QC suits are what I have seen US healthcare workers wearing in various TV coverage.

The ones getting sick?

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 02:22:10 PM »
A bloggers thoughts.

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2014/10/surfing-usa.html

Right ? or Wrong ?

Probably half right and half wrong?   An interesting story of survival is here.

Perhaps one way to limit the spread is to have those who have survived and developed immunity to Ebola help treat those who are still infected.    The hazmat suit and respirator wouldn't be necessary.  When the helper leaves the infection ward they disrobe a simple gown which would be placed in an incinerator hopper and then would dive naked under a barrier placed across a chlorine water pool and then gargle oral disinfectant.   Just speculating, though.

Infection can take up to 21 days before symptoms are displayed.  After the symptoms appear death usually occurs within a week, if it is going to happen.  That's about a full month from infection to resolution.   If one hasn't had any form of contact with someone infected with Ebola for at least 30 days, and show no symptoms,  it is safe to assume that one does not have the infection.   During that 30 days one should have a source of water, food and heat that has been not been handled by anyone and/or has been sterilized since last contact with any people.   Once one is confirmed free of Ebola the problem, as I see it, is to stay free.  That means not coming in contact with, or the vicinity of,  anyone you cannot guarantee is free from Ebola, or anything in contact with those people.  THAT WILL BE THE HARD PART.   Without continuous sources of uncontaminated supplies until ALL the people left alive in your region of the country have passed through 30 days without new cases any contact you have with others is suspect, and your 30 day count has to start all over.

IF Ebola escapes into the wild in this country the administration will use it as an excuse to suspend  the Rule of Law under the Constitution and institute martial law, and few people will complain.   Especially of those South of the boarder flood across into this country to "escape" Ebola or get free treatment for it.  That could trigger the declaration of Martial Law.  The first use of martial law will be to enforce the movement of infected people into containment areas for treatment or to die.  The places they left from will be decontaminated.  Outbreaks in any area of the country will be used to justify martial law everywhere, even though movement of people by air, car, train, bike or foot will be highly restricted and regulated.  Violators will be treated as infected people trying to escape confinement and will be rounded up and moved to containment or shot as resistors.  Will that depend on party affiliation?  One has to ask, considering the IRS scandal.   Martial Law will probably be around for at least two years, if it is invoked at all.   Meanwhile, just like they did after 9/11, Congress, in their infinite fear (I cannot use "wisdom"), will use the opportunity to pass laws suspending or nullify parts of the Constitution.  At least the 2A, 4th, 5th and the 9th.  All the ones the Libs have been working so diligently for the last half a century to  eliminate.  Anyone who opposes them will be labeled as irrational "Ebola deniers", or some such euphemism.

Bottom line, however, is that I am optimistic.  This isn't Liberia, and our medical facilities are far superior and more wide spread than is available in that country.  Omaha has one of the only three L5 containment facilities in the country.   There may be some slip-ups, but for the most part I believe the infection will be confined and eliminated.   And if it isn't and it spreads through the country like bird flu, 150 million people could die ... the very young, the very old (like myself), those with persistent ailments like COPD, HIV and genetically related illnesses, plus a lot of very unlucky people.  Those that survive will be immune from Filoviruses like Ebola, and there will be lots of work available for them. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:29:21 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 09:08:10 PM »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »
Something tells me ebola just got a weee bit more serious now that it surrounding all the "important" new yorkers, and liberal media, than just measly Texas....

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »
Its no big deal. He was just riding around on the subway yesterday...

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »
One thing that amazes me is the claim that Ebola cannot be transmitted during the incubation period (which was 11 days for the Doc in NYC) and that it is not airborne. 

If that is the case why do medical staff wear oxygen masks and face covers?  Splash protection?  The face shield blocks that.   Aerosols?  Aerosols from coughs and splashes that create microscopic droplets carrying Ebola.  That's the more likely reason.   That's probably also the reason why Hazmat training requires P100 and N100 masks.