< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who Wants To Do Some Street Fishing?  (Read 3622 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Who Wants To Do Some Street Fishing?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 06:05:51 AM »
By the way Gary, unless you are simply trying to harass me personally (again), if you send me a private message (which you have, again), then you should probably not block me from responding (again).

If you simply want to talk about yourself and not engage in a dialogue, I have no issue with reporting you.  I don't really need to periodically get messages from you as monologues talking about yourself and your righteousness.  If you want a dialogue, then we can have one.

I suggest that you either not write me private messages, or you allow responses.

As with the last time you did this, since you have blocked my response in private, I will make my response public:

I do not know why you dislike me. Dont care.  I do request you try to be kind to forum members, even me.  I wish you no grief, I have never said a bad word about you, but I get the feeling the feeling is not mutual.  If you do not like me, how about you just put me on your ignore list. 

I'd prefer to ignore you, Gary.  But, you keep saying things that are either wrong (and will get other people in trouble if they follow them) or unsafe (which will get people hurt if they go with your opinion).

If you merely said things that I disagreed with, I wouldn't care----I can get along quite well with people who have different viewpoints or opinions than myself.  But you tend to often go far past simply having a different opinion--into actually telling people things that are untrue, or unsafe.

By the way, you have (plenty of times!) said bad things about me.  You have done so quite often.  I don't actually mind, because I give such comments from you the same weight I give your firearms comments.

It is odd, really.  You seem to know motorcyles, photography, boating;  you've run a successful business for quite some time; all of which makes me think you must be a competent person---but you continually say things regarding firearms that are just flat out dangerous or wrong. 

As for the NWP, you are against them, or what? 

From my understanding,  it is eyes ears and a cellbphone.  No interaction with the public directly. 

Indeed.  So why did you talk about fishing for crime and catching criminals?  That's what got you into trouble.

Matter of fact, I even SAID in a post that neighborhood watch does neither of the things that you said.

These three prople, doing violent crime in the neighborhood of my business are going to kill someone.  Each attack gets worse. 

If you have a better suggestion, let me know.   

Sorry we are not friends.  Not my choice. 

Considering the number of comments you've made about me personally over time, it isn't a surprise.  After all, most of the time when people disagree with you, you make a personal comment about them.

You might think about stopping with the personal attacks, and doing a fact check on your statements before making pronouncements.

I note also:
Quote from: Gary
You cannot rationalize away three things

Neighborhood Watch was the point of the thread, protecting people and property

you are a internet bully

You are incorrect about a few things.

Come see me anytime at my place of business and stand before me with your concerns, rather than just spread internet rumors that are untrue.  I suggest you look at problem real close to the vest

Fishing for criminals and catching them was your stated point of the thread.  As I said, Neighborhood Watch does neither of those things.

I listed specific things that you have said in this forum.  As such, calling them "rumors" makes little sense, as people can simply search this forum and find exactly where you said them.

As for being an Internet bully----if you don't like someone listing what YOU have said, then perhaps you shouldn't say those things.

If I am incorrect about anything I've said, the handy thing about this forum is that people can point out the errors, and we collectively can reach the truth.  (This is what is getting you into trouble, by the way.)  What I've written in this forum is available all the time to everyone.  As such, if there are errors of fact, or differences of opinion, people can write corrections or opinions of their own, and we can all learn more, and discuss differences.

So---if I am "incorrect about a few things," you can simply point them out and make the real facts available. 

That's one of the strengths of this forum.  We have many people who are experts in all sorts of things, so on any general topic, you can get good information.  And if bad information is given, there are generally several other people around who can give corrections.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 10:01:36 AM »
Gary asked me "Why do you feel a NWP would be a bad idea?   Who said anything about CHP in relation to this?"

Nobody said that an NWP  program would be a bad idea, and in your original post, a msg with a title of "Want to do some street fishing?",  on a forum devoted to the protection of the 2nd Amendment, the implication was armed patrols.

The NFOA website has 7,000 members ranging over the ENTIRE state, and beyond.  If your msg was suggesting an NWP then what kind of NWP would you suggest that could cover such an area?   

My wife and I were in an NWP in coordination with the Lincoln police department for almost 20 years.  Our house had a designated safe harbor decal on our front window, and we acted in that capacity more than once.  We alerted the police to gang signs and signs of drug use.  We rescued two children walking down the street one night in January,  dressed in nothing but thin cotton pajamas. It was below freezing and they were crying and calling out for their mother, whom they couldn't find at home.   And, for all those years, never once did I feel a need to arm myself.  In fact, the only gun I had in the house was a .22 pistol which hadn't been fired since the 1970s and the brass on the cartridges in the gun belt had turned green and welded themselves to the leather loops.  I had totally forgotten all about it and discovered it on the top shelf of my bookcase when we moved in 2012. (BTW, never once in the nearly 30 years that gun sat on that shelf did it climb down, go outside and shoot itself at someone!)

There is a lot you can do with a well organized and manned NWP, Gary, and no firearms are needed.

IF you really want to start an NWP in your neighborhood then go talk to your neighbors and set up a meeting at a designated time and place, and invite a rep from the Lincoln Police department.  All together you and your neighbors can discuss ideas, get good advice from the LPD representative, formulate a plan and ask for volunteers.  I can guarantee you that the police will not want armed individuals patrolling the neighborhoods.  And, if you are not armed then you are placing yourself at unnecessary risk from thugs who may very well be armed.  Save your armed response for attacks on your person, family and home.

Allow me to suggest that instead of having people stand around outside every night it would be better to install wireless IR monitoring cameras on high poles or in secret places around your neighborhood and  have folks monitor them from the safety and security of their homes.    That way they can turn on their screen record buttons if they see something suspicious and call the police.     It would be a lot cheaper and safer, and you are collecting irrefutable evidence.    But, armed patrols?   Does Zimmerman ring any bells with  you?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:15:29 AM by GreyGeek »

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 10:40:34 AM »
Good response GG.  Cameras are a great idea.  When I read the original post I thought about the Byron Smith case in Minnesota.   May want to look that one up if you don't remember it.   You don't invite trouble into your home / garage / business / whatever in an attempt to stop crime.  I didn't get Neighborhood Watch from the original post, especially with the title.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 11:54:56 AM »
I read on Facebook that George Zimmerman was wanting to get a reality show, maybe he could call it "Street Fishing with Zimmerman". They could have it on the Outdoor Channel.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 02:04:44 PM »
Well, based on this thread, among others, I know who I won't recommend for firearms training and instruction...

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 05:11:50 PM »

Kind of like this??

YEAH... we gonna go totally Charles Bronson on these guys.  I'm thinking this is a great idea, but since the baddies don't come out until ~3:00am I think it's an equally great idea that y'all come by my place for some pre-watch cocktails.

I did a Google search for recipes labeled "Neighborhood Watch" or "Vigilante" or "Judge and Jury" but found the internet sadly lacking.  Necessity being Da Baby Momma of Invention I've taken the liberty to craft my own.  Gentlemen, I give you .... (insert drum roll sound effect) ....

The Neighborhood Watch
2 ounces Beefeater gin
.5 oz Cointreau
.75 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
Two dashes Luxardo Maraschino

Shake violently for ~30 seconds with plenty 'o ice and strain into a pre-chilled NFOA-logo cocktail coupe. Garnish with a lime twist.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:55:43 PM by feralcatkillr »
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 10:16:42 PM »
Interesting thread.   
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
Forget the neighborhood watch.  Who wants to walk around with some pizza boxes or jimmy johns sandwiches south of the capital tonight and see what happens?

According to the local rag: "Two delivery drivers robbed in Lincoln within two hours"

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Never Forgive...Never Forget
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 07:07:48 PM »
This thread has run it's course