< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who Wants To Do Some Street Fishing?  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Who Wants To Do Some Street Fishing?
« on: October 04, 2014, 09:24:14 AM »
Anyone else noticed the news stories over the past month or so of three people attacking people in and around the downtown Lincoln area?   Stealing money and cell phones. 

We should put together a neighborhood watch program to try and catch these guys. 

Anyone else game?

They attacked another pair of people last night at 3am. 

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: Who Wants To Do Some Street Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »
Serious question here.  Are you just trolling or are you really that stupid?
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
This is a spectacularly bad idea.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 05:05:35 PM »
Just make sure to get an appropriate bright colored spandex costume first so that people won't think you're a gun-toting whacko, just a whacko.  ;D

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
all that comes to mind is Ralph in Greatest American Hero,  trying to fly and screaming down the alley sideways and hitting a wall
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »
all that comes to mind is Ralph in Greatest American Hero,  trying to fly and screaming down the alley sideways and hitting a wall

You are REALLY dating yourself by mentioning that show.

:)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 06:08:52 PM »

You are REALLY dating yourself by mentioning that show.

:)
  I got the boxed set, for some reason amazon sent me 2 sets when I ordered it, my grandkids love it!
 NRA Endowment member

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »

Kind of like this??

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 09:06:48 PM »
I didn't get my CHP in order to play cop or street cleaner. 

IF I never have to use it to defend myself or my wife that will be fine with me.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 10:02:42 PM »
No, no, it's a great idea!

We get a large group of people together, all with video cameras, of course armed in case they need to defend themselves, and then we draw straws to see who gets to play "victim," and that person walks around acting clueless, trolling for crime, and when the muggers attack, the group of people gets it all on video for evidence, and they all swoop in and capture the bad guy, tie him up, and drag him to the police department!  It'll be great!  We can do it nightly, and capture LOTS of bad guys! 

We should probably all get matching shirts (other than the "victims," of course, don't want it to be obvious), and call ourselves the Street Knights or something like that, so we seem like a professional group instead of crazy vigilante weirdos, because we wouldn't want that.

We could clean up the town, and people would see how people who believe in personal responsibility, rights, and justice CAN really make a difference!

Nothing could go wrong with this plan. 
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »
I been looking out the window for the bat signal. cause you are bat **** crazy

NRA Endowment member

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
No, no, it's a great idea!

We get a large group of people together, all with video cameras, of course armed in case they need to defend themselves, and then we draw straws to see who gets to play "victim," and that person walks around acting clueless, trolling for crime, and when the muggers attack, the group of people gets it all on video for evidence, and they all swoop in and capture the bad guy, tie him up, and drag him to the police department!  It'll be great!  We can do it nightly, and capture LOTS of bad guys! 

We should probably all get matching shirts (other than the "victims," of course, don't want it to be obvious), and call ourselves the Street Knights or something like that, so we seem like a professional group instead of crazy vigilante weirdos, because we wouldn't want that.

We could clean up the town, and people would see how people who believe in personal responsibility, rights, and justice CAN really make a difference!

Nothing could go wrong with this plan. 

I'm on my way down to Lincoln....I am strapped up, but all my guns are unloaded & locked up in a secure safe at a separate location....#vigilante

Joking!

The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »

Donkey: Alright people, let's do this thing. Go Team Dynamite!

Pinocchio: But I thought we agreed we'd go by the name Team Super Cool.

Gingerbread Man: As I recall, it was Team Awesome.

Wolf: I voted for Team Alpha Wolf Squadron.

Donkey: Alright, alright, alright. From henceforth, we're all to be known as Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squadron.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »
Starting or supporting a downtown neighborhood watch program with the city of Lincoln is a bad idea?   

I do not see on the list in the link, one that covers the area of my business location and into downtown.  I see Haymarket but that has not been a problem area in this case. 

Also, just for my personal edification, are you guys thinking with your Johnson 24 7 or just on forum pages? 

Does your Mothers know you act like this?  I hope not.  They would be ashamed.

I just feel the three people up to this should be off the streets.  You guys like to see people beat up and left for dead in alleys?    They are going to kill someone.

I suggest you guys follow the link below, and revise your attitudes.   

You guys have some clique here.   Lol

Some of you guys are firearms trainers, with your attitudes?   Seriously?   NRA trainers?  Part of the ethics of being an  NRA trainer is Attitude. 

https://www.lincoln.ne.gov/city/urban/Neighborhoods/nacontacts.htm
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:35:31 PM by Gary »

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 10:26:13 PM »
Reading your posts again,  I grow more and more amazed at of all of you.

Kind of wish I had not rebuked you guys so soon to see what other excellent quality firearms folks would have jumped on my back. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:31:26 PM by Gary »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »
Starting or supporting a downtown neighborhood watch program with the city of Lincoln is a bad idea?   

The response probably has something to do with your statements of:

"Street Fishing"

and

"...to try and catch these guys."

....neither of which, of course, neighborhood watch groups do.  They neither troll nor fish for crime, nor do they attempt to catch criminals.

Also, just for my personal edification, are you guys dicks 24 7 or just on forum pages? 

Does your Mothers know you are such jerks?  I hope not.  They would be ashamed.

Hm.  Yes, you are right.  We are the problem.  Our behavior, and how we treat others on the forum, is the issue at hand.  The problem isn't people who say or do things that are either wrong or outright dangerous.  The problem is the people who point that out, using various means.

We should be ashamed.

I'll go back to learning how to disassemble my firearms one-handed while driving at speed down the highway.  It'll be safe, though, because there won't be one in the chamber, and there will be a Saf-T-Blok in the gun.

I'll also go back to practicing jumping out of my bathroom window in case someone traps me there, and starts chopping down the door with an axe.  Doesn't matter how dangerous jumping might be (through a glass window), it will certainly be safer than defending myself with a firearm.

In my spare time, I'll work on catching criminals on the streets of Lincoln.

All of which you have specifically espoused as perfectly good choices.

I just feel the three people up to this should be off the streets.  You guys like to see people beat up and left for dead in alleys?    They are going to kill someone.

Yes, yes, because not wanting to hit the streets and catch criminals means that we "like to see people beat up and left for dead in alleys."  There is no other possible explanation.  No other choice imaginable.

I suggest you guys follow the link below, and revise your attitudes.   

You guys have some clique here.   Lol

Some of you guys are firearms trainers, with your attitudes?   Seriously?   NRA trainers?  Part of the ethics of beingban NRA trainer is Attitude. 

Part of the ethics of being an NRA trainer is knowing the laws.  And teaching them correctly.  In addition, teaching proper safe gun handling. 

What's that bible quote?  Something about splinters in eyes, and logs in one's own?

I note also that I recall you stating for the record on this forum "certifications" that you had earned for teaching CCW classes and such far before you actually had received such.

You say a lot of things, Gary.  Handy thing about the Internet---you can always pull up exactly what someone said.  The Internet doesn't forget.

Oh, by the way---if you think your commentary in any way was taken as a rebuke, you are sadly mistaken.  Quite frankly, it just showed more of precisely to what extent you seem to understand.

And I realize that you are inordinately proud of being an NRA instructor, Gary.  You might want to bear in mind that not only are you not the only one, but more importantly, SO MANY OF THEM disagree with you.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 10:41:41 PM »
From the Lincoln Police Department:

It's as easy as One, Two, Three...

One... Contact your neighbors and determine if interest in starting a Neighborhood Watch group exist.

Two... Contact the Education and Personnel Unit of the Lincoln Police Department. Our telephone number is 441-7261. You will be sent a Neighborhood Watch start up kit, which contains a group roster sheet, a Neighborhood Watch book and window stickers.

Three... The last step is to go back to your neighbors and gather the needed information for the group roster. Then return the roster to the Lincoln Police Department Education and Personnel Unit to activate your group. Once your group has been activated, you will be sent the needed materials to supply your group. 

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »

"Street Fishing"

and

....neither of which, of course, neighborhood watch groups do.  They neither troll nor fish for crime, nor do they attempt to catch criminals.

Hm.  Yes, you are right.  We are the problem.  Our behavior, and how we treat others on the forum, is the issue at hand.  The problem isn't people who say or do things that are either wrong or outright dangerous.  The problem is the people who point that out, using various means.

We should be ashamed.

I'll go back to learning how to disassemble my firearms one-handed while driving at speed down the highway.  It'll be safe, though, because there won't be one in the chamber, and there will be a Saf-T-Blok in the gun.

I'll also go back to practicing jumping out of my bathroom window in case someone traps me there, and starts chopping down the door with an axe.  Doesn't matter how dangerous jumping might be (through a glass window), it will certainly be safer than defending myself with a firearm.

In my spare time, I'll work on catching criminals on the streets of Lincoln.

All of which you have specifically espoused as perfectly good choices.

Yes, yes, because not wanting to hit the streets and catch criminals means that we "like to see people beat up and left for dead in alleys."  There is no other possible explanation.  No other choice imaginable.

Part of the ethics of being an NRA trainer is knowing the laws.  And teaching them correctly.  In addition, teaching proper safe gun handling. 

What's that bible quote?  Something about splinters in eyes, and logs in one's own?

I note also that I recall you stating for the record on this forum "certifications" that you had earned for teaching CCW classes and such far before you actually had received such.

You say a lot of things, Gary.  Handy thing about the Internet---you can always pull up exactly what someone said.  The Internet doesn't forget.

Oh, by the way---if you think your commentary in any way was taken as a rebuke, you are sadly mistaken.  Quite frankly, it just showed more of precisely to what extent you seem to understand.

And I realize that you are inordinately proud of being an NRA instructor, Gary.  You might want to bear in mind that not only are you not the only one, but more importantly, SO MANY OF THEM disagree with you.
You cannot rationalize away three things

Neighborhood Watch was the point of the thread, protecting people and property

you are a internet bully

You are incorrect about a few things.

Come see me anytime at my place of business and stand before me with your concerns, rather than just spread internet rumors that are untrue.  I suggest you look at problem real close to the vest
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:50:02 PM by Gary »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Never Forgive...Never Forget
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 10:51:05 PM »

"Street Fishing"

and

Admin agrees...and I tire of your antics Gary so pack up your fishing gear and go home

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
Back to the point of the thread, any folks want to start or support a downtown Lincoln neighborhood watch program?

http://www.klkntv.com/story/26697616/unl-student-robbed-assaulted
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:55:03 AM by Gary »