< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Handing a Loaded Gun to a Man Whose Religion Tells Him to Kill Me  (Read 448 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
I received an email from a friend of a friend in Arkansas outlining the following.   Do an online search on 'Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range Hot Springs, AR' and the internet will light up with all kinds of results.   Jan Morgan.....she's quite a lady.

A Muslim civil rights group is asking the Department of Justice to investigate an Arkansas shooting range whose owner recently declared it a "Muslim-free zone."   In a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Jenifer Wicks, a lawyer for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), writes that the declaration is "a violation of federal laws prohibiting racial and religious discrimination" and "will inevitably result in a hostile environment for ordinary Muslims in Arkansas."

"This is not a coffee and donut shop," Jan Morgan, owner of the Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Ark., wrote in an online post last month.  "This is a live fire indoor shooting range ... Why would I want to rent or sell a gun and hand ammunition to someone who aligns himself with a religion that commands him to kill me?"

Jan states, "I have a federal firearms license.  The ATF informed us when we received the license that if we feel any reason for concern about selling someone a firearm, even sense that something is not right about an individual, or if we are concerned about that person's mental state, even if they pass a background check, we do not have to sell that person a gun.  Two different ATF agents stressed that it is better to err on the side of caution.  In other words, a federal agency has given FFL’s discretion on firearms deals.  An FFL can turn people away if there is any concern about their behavior and or indications that the person might use the firearm in the commission of a crime."

http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/10/handing-loaded-gun-man-whose-religion-tells-kill/

"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman