< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: "A time for Choosing" history you need to know  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
"A time for Choosing" history you need to know
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:27:38 PM »
When you listen you will recognize how history is repeating itself...But will we choose wisely?

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: "A time for Choosing" history you need to know
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:38:18 PM »
Ive seen many  times, wish I could vote for him again
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:50:59 PM »
Ive seen many  times, wish I could vote for him again

Is this the beginning of the "Dead Ronald Reagan Write-in Campaign" ?  Might be a viable alternative for me if they shove Christie or Jeb on us... 8)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:04:16 PM »
When you listen you will recognize how history is repeating itself...But will we choose wisely?

That was amazing....I just watched the entire speech with goosebumps on my arms!  Thanks for sharing, I had never seen this before.

With the exception of the names he mentions, you could swear this speech could have been delivered yesterday!

I was inspired....but I am also disgusted. Today, On one side we have the ultra left 'progressives' & on the other we have the 'right'....who can't seem to quit stepping on their own feet & appear destined to nominate another middle of the road RINO who appeals to neither the base, the independent, or the undecided voter...

Going forward I will stand up & vote for my Rights every time.... I hope that I can feel great about my choices in 2016 because I sure don't this year...

.....  Terry, Ricketts, & Sasse leave a lot to be desired on 2nd Amendment knowledge & commitment!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:20:29 AM »
This is one of the greatest speeches of all time, and he gave many more.

I would recommend that all of our members under the age of, say 40, watch this and realize that this came from the man that saved this country from itself way back in 1980.

Yet, we are headed back on the same destructive path again.

He is the only candidate that I was actually excited to vote for, and there have been many more that were the lesser of two evils.        sucks.

Where is our next Ronald?
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
The Goldwater-Johnson presidential race was the first I was old enough to vote in.  I was told by the Democrats that if I voted for Goldwater there would be war.  Remember the TV ad in which a little girl is pulling peddles off of a daisy, counting down from 10 to 0, and at zero the scene is overlaid with a nuclear explosion?   I voted for Goldwater and there was war.  Pres. Johnson started it by lying about the "attack" in the gulf of Tonkin.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
And like today, the most conservative branch of the Republican party was being undermined constantly by both the Democrats and the "moderate" wing of the Republican party, and we suffered through the Johnson years as a result. The Johnson Administration was much more radically liberal one than the Kennedy Democrats ( of which I pretended to be because I was too young to vote) espoused.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »
Reagan was the last President that I didn't get to vote for.  I was a senior in high school during his administration and unfortunately he is the last president that I actually felt was honest with us.  Everyone since is more politician than President.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »
The Best President in my lifetime.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »
He also supported the 1989 AWB in California.