< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Get out The Vote  (Read 1159 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Get out The Vote
« on: November 03, 2014, 11:30:52 AM »
Candidates are working to make certain that people get to the polls, you can be of assistance in that.

Have some free time this afternoon or evening, Laura Ebke is trying to reach 6000 potential voters to make certain they get to the polls tomorrow. This is a call from home event so all you need is a computer to get the phone numbers and call script from, you will also note that if you reached the voter or left a message, and a cell phone with the ability to make calls in Nebraska (I recommend free unlimited Long Distance but most of us have the as standard anymore).

So if you want to try to make a couple calls to help Laura out you can send her a note or contact me and I will get the two of you communicating.

This may be available for more candidates as well so if Laura has all her calling covered let me know and I'll see if someone else can use your efforts.

And don't forget to share the NFOA-PAF candidate endorsement slate:

Offline Sandhillian

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Get out The Vote
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
On a similar note, Brent Smoyer may be able to use your assistance if you are in or around Lincoln.  He has been doing leaflet drops around his district.  I pitched in and took a neighborhood yesterday.  It's really easy.  All you do is leave a campaign leaflet at the front door of the residences on the list.  No interaction with the occupants of the house is required...unless they happen to be outside when you walk up.

Brent is in a close race for the District 26 seat, and anything you can do to help would be great.  There's only a few hours left to make a difference.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
Good note, and good work Sandhillian.  There are lots of opportunities left to push our candidates over the top.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 01:27:37 PM »
Andy, have you gotten positive feedback from the 2 district's that received the mailers?  I have heard from a couple of people in Cass County & their response was favorable.

I was driving through my neighborhood yesterday & saw an older gentleman carrying a clipboard....I looked closer & it was Merv Riepe who is the Republican candidate in my district.  I pulled over & had a chat with him.  He remembered me from our email correspondence & I was able to talk to him about a few of the NFOA'S priorities heading into this upcoming legislative session.  He had reasonable responses & seemed interested.  I don't imagine he would ever be the torch carrier for gun rights but I get the impression that he will be a YES vote when we need him.
I have called, texted, emailed, or Facebook messaged everyone that I know who lives in my district.....IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 02:07:03 PM »
I have heard some good things, also saw a couple people that had taken pictures of the fliers and shared them on Facebook.  Personally I think we had a god effect, our flier hit just before the avalanche of postcards with those generally being negative and even obvious outright lies, and ours was a positive message on why our candidate is the correct person for the job.

Already working on things to grow what we will be able to accomplish in two years, we have been noticed and there are people that do bigger things that are interested in helping us grow.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »
You can find any candidate for any office in Lancaster county, along with their party affiliations on this website:
http://lancaster.ne.gov/election/candidate1114.htm