< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Do any Omaha-area Wal-Marts sell firearms?  (Read 2213 times)

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
Do any Omaha-area Wal-Marts sell firearms?
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »
I want to take advantage of the Wal-Mart Black Friday/layaway deal posted in the Good Deals thread to get a Colt 6920. But none of the Wal-Marts I've visited in Omaha sell firearms.

I found an FFL listing for Nebraska (fflgundealers.net) which shows the only FFL Wal-Mart near Omaha is in Gretna, but Google Maps tells me that Wal-Mart doesn't even exist. There is a Wal-Mart east of Gretna, no idea if that's supposed to be it or not.

Anybody know of one?

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Do any Omaha-area Wal-Marts sell firearms?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »
The Gretna Walmart is just SW of the I-80/HWY 370 intersection.  They do have AR's.  I've seen both Colt and DPMS there. 

Edit: Not sure what the sale is but last year they only had one Steven's pump shotgun (870 knock off) and it wasn't put out when it should have been.  A buddy went in later in the day inquired about it and that's when the oh s*** moment happened but he got it at the sale price! 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:27:18 PM by Chris C »

Offline 2550sx

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 04:24:53 PM »
i have seen rifles at i80& hwy 370 walmart in gretna. i have also purchased one at the lake manawa walmart in CB iowa.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 04:30:34 PM »
Blair, NE Walmart sells boomsticks. Not a great selection.  The Fremont store has a few more.

I was at the Walmart in Maryville, MO last year, had at least 25-30 long guns on display. I believe they even sell handguns in some states.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 05:16:35 PM »
i believe the all the walmarts in Lincoln sell ARs.  i know the N27th one does for sure.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »
Oh yeah, Maryville is normally well-equipped with long guns. That's where I lived before moving to Omaha :D

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 05:24:47 PM »
Columbus has a lot of long guns, if you want to go that far.  About 1hr 20 min one way.

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 09:44:12 AM »
I could go to Lincoln if I had to but I was trying to avoid traveling.

I'm going to visit the one east of Gretna after work today and see what they have.

Otherwise, any opinions on the Smith & Wesson M&P15? Scheels has them in stock and their price is about the same as the Colt.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »
http://weeklyads.walmart.com/mobile/walmartusa-ad/flyer/39798?locale=en-US&store_code=790&type=1#!/?x=87415.749500&y=0.000000&w=6742.386831&h=2560.000000

All Firearms 20% off Friday-Sunday.

My local Walmart seems to keep a good supply of ARs in stock.
Never actually seen or heard of a Walmart selling handguns.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:39:18 AM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »
From what I've heard through the grape vine,  sales and bargains will be the trend in guns and ammo due to manufacturing geared up post Sandy Hook and sales beginning to taper off.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 11:11:27 AM »
 Could the reason be, Omaha's Draconian gun laws?

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 11:14:05 AM »
Could the reason be, Omaha's Draconian gun laws?

Those mostly only affect handgun sales, not long guns. As far as I know the only Omaha-specific long gun regulations require it to be disassembled, cased, and in the trunk during transport in a vehicle, but I doubt that would survive if enforced seeing how I own long guns that cannot be field-stripped nor do I have a vehicle with a trunk. I could be wrong though.

As for Wal-Mart not selling firearms, I think it's probably an image thing. Wal-Mart thinks it will look evil if it sells guns, so they don't sell guns here.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
Blair, NE Walmart sells boomsticks. Not a great selection.  The Fremont store has a few more.

I was at the Walmart in Maryville, MO last year, had at least 25-30 long guns on display. I believe they even sell handguns in some states.

Yep, they do. Went into a walmart in Idaho that had them, they even had a Barrett 50 cal in the back room and 50 BMG ammo on the shelf. Counted 18 AR's in the rack.
D.R

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »
One thing is for sure, practice ammo is cheap.  I've been buying 50 round boxes of federal aluminum cased 9mm for around $9.85 and Tul ammo for a dollar more a box.

Tul ammo .223 for 20rds. 55gr. fmj for a little over $5.00.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 09:53:35 AM »
All three Lincoln Walmarts sell guns; long guns that is, and have good prices on ammo.  Interesting that the Omaha Walmarts don't, since there seems to be at least as high a concentration of liberal bigots in Lincoln as in Omaha.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »
To wrap up this story, I visited the one in Gretna and didn't buy anything there. The guy working the sporting goods counter was trying to sell me on a DPMS. Nothing wrong with that, except he claimed the $600 DPMS is one of the better brands, everyone else is copying DPMS, and that Colt has only been making AR-15's for a couple years now. They lost a sale because of that guy.

I ended up at Cabela's to look around and walked out with a Sig Sauer M400. It's a nice gun, lots of Magpul stuff on it, and has a lifetime warranty.