< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ccw classes  (Read 3147 times)

Offline jayfury007

• Forum Member
Ccw classes
« on: November 13, 2014, 09:47:36 PM »
Any1 know a good ccw class in or near the Bellevue area  I am going to  check out   
http://www.gunsafeacademy.com/   ty NE Nick for letting me know  damm cell phones
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:59:22 AM by jayfury007 »

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Ccw classes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:01:58 PM »
Could you please edit your sentence? ::)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 06:36:45 AM »
I've not heard good things about the instructors at Gunsafe acadamy.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 08:40:56 AM »
Our very own Rod at Moeller Arms is nearby in LaVista.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 08:43:12 AM »
OR check here for other NFOA Member instructors:
http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,10790.0.html
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
Get over to Lincoln and take Chris Z's class if you can. He's an NFOA member and a great instructor.

Offline jayfury007

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »
Any 1  hear good things about Joe Fowler apex defense ?
I was reading on line about CHP  course qualifications  in Nebraska
I was wondering  how they score, does it have to be dead center
on target or is it a matter of proving yourself competent???

11/26/2014 10am

I know I still need practice

1 yard     6  round   1 fc
3 yards  12  rounds 3 fc
5 yards   6   rounds 1 fc
7 yards   6   rounds 1 fc

The almost headshot was extra round after I finished my first drill
11/26/2014 10am

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:40:55 PM by jayfury007 »

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 11:13:16 AM »
What does "fc" stand for? "From concealment"

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »
Anything in the gray of the FBI Q target counts.  Need ONLY 21/30 to pass .... You'd be fine ... in fact, I think a blind guy facing the other direction can pass it .... I've never had a student fail

Offline DCPrecisionLLC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
We have a class in Bennet coming up on December 14th. We charge $125. Go check out our website (www.dcprecisionllc.com) or give us a call at the shop (402-910-4931) if you have any questions about anything.
DCPrecisionLLC
www.dcprecisionllc.com
DCPrecisionllc@gmail.com
(512) 492-5379

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »
Some good ones have already been mentioned. 
However, speaking from experience, I recommend:  https://88tactical.com/civilian-courses/
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
Bellevue area.... Call the Papillion Gun Club - a few times a year they offer a class with SemperFiGuy as the instructor....he does a great job and it supports a great organization that is doing pa lot with youth shooting sports.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 09:03:23 PM »
I think a blind guy facing the other direction can pass it .... I've never had a student fail

Y'know, FWIW, I've actually tried it with both eyes closed and been able to shoot passing range qualification scores.   The 3ft, 9ft, and 15ft distances go pretty well; 21ft gets dicier.

Did it just to be able to tell worried Concealed Handgun Class students that the range qualification portion of the course is quite doable.   And not to worry.

With some 400+ students now past the portals, I've likewise never had a student fail the range qualification portion.  Had one person shoot a 70 once, which--of course--is still minimum passing.

Now---I've had some wild, weird, and wooly things occur at the range during the qualification portion.   And so has every other CHP instructor that I've talked to.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »
Now---I've had some wild, weird, and wooly things occur at the range during the qualification portion.   And so has every other CHP instructor that I've talked to.

And that's just the instructors.  Don't even get started about the students.  :)
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 09:38:02 AM »
And that's just the instructors.....

Yes.

But All of That should probably remain a professional secret.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 07:51:43 PM »
1 yard     6  round   1 fc
3 yards  12  rounds 3 fc
5 yards    6  rounds 1 fc
7 yards    6  rounds 1 fc

Any time limit?

Looking at the target, I think you did just fine. You shouldn't have to shoot minute of angle, just minute of bad guy.

Offline jayfury007

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 06:03:20 AM »
Yup fc. =  from concealment

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 10:23:06 AM »
I took a class taught by Chris Zeeb in Omaha a few years ago and I don't think you'll find a better teacher.

The least expensive I've seen is Twoswords Training.  $80 for the CHP class.  I have no experience with this instructor, but if the class is just something you have to do to buy your right to bear arms I suppose cost is all that matters.  Seems like this class is in Lincoln, but he might have other locations.
http://twoswordstraining.com/

Your target looks better than mine looked.  But since then just from practicing on my own I can get all or most of my shots on a 9" pie plate at 50', which doesn't make me an expert but should be adequate.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:27:49 AM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »
Any time limit?

No official timing requirements from the Nebraska State Patrol.

And generally none from the instructor.

However, it does get exasperating, waiting for the Guy Who Brought the Ruger Single Six .22LR to take off his gloves each time, drop them on the ground, bend over to pick them up, drop them again, start pushing out the empty .22 cases with the pushrod, fail to line up the cylinder with the pushrod, fumble in his pocket for some fresh .22 rounds, drop some of them, point the handgun uprange while bending over.........put his gloves back on, etc., etc.   All of this in 20 degree weather with a 20 mph NW wind, gusts to 35 mph.......The rest of the Line patiently standing there at the Ready Position, wondering what the heck is going on.........

Not to mention those Folks who bring a 5-shot snubbie revolver to a shooting program based on........SIX shots per string.

Then there are those folks who show up with a .454Casull and blow huge holes in the  targets at the 3ft. line............

And those Incredibly Cheery Folks who show up with a Great Big Smile and announce, "I've got this brand new gun....NEVER SHOT IT BEFORE!!!!"

But it finally all gets done and Folks go home with their Certificates of Completion.   And all are Happy.

All with no timing requirements.

It's Fun.

sfg