< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New range near 90th & Blair High Road?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
New range near 90th & Blair High Road?
« on: November 18, 2014, 10:00:55 PM »
Many months ago, I read about a new indoor range that was to be built at 90th Street and Blair High Road next to the VFW post. That location would be very convenient for us since we shop at the nearby Bakers and Shopko. From what I read, they were able to get the necessary permits. I drove around the area today looking for it but found nothing. Does anyone know what went wrong?

Does anyone have information about the Council Bluffs Rifle and Pistol Club? They have a 200 yard range northeast of Crescent that is closer to our home than any of the other alternatives.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: New range near 90th & Blair High Road?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 11:59:53 PM »
The last that I overheard was that the project was delayed....I saw a blueprint for that proposed range about a year ago... It was only a couple of lanes off of 90th & Military Rd.  All that I heard about it not opening has been second hand, nothing confirmed.

I know that there is at least one member here that goes to the range in Iowa that you asked about...  Lmbass14 might be a guy with some intel....
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:04:16 AM »
Many months ago, I read about a new indoor range that was to be built at 90th Street and Blair High Road

You can Google "Inner 10"  Omaha to read up on it.   Nice young couple, Jacques and Tasha Clerc, are prospective owners.  Proposal was OKed by Omaha Planning Commission.   Plan is for a Meggitt Training Systems 3-lane mobile range.   Location was to be at 8910 Military Road, as I recall.  Original plan was to have it operating by May, 2014.

Does anyone have information about the Council Bluffs Rifle and Pistol Club?

I've been a member for several years.

You can check it out here:
https://www.cbr-pc.org/

sfg
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:16:04 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Workman

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »
I work at that small engine shop that's right there, I don't really see where they would ever put a range in.  There's a tiny piece of land for sale right next to us, and has been for sale for as long as I can remember.  It seems way to small to put a range in, in my opinion anyway. In fact, the land looks pretty worthless to anyone except our shop, and apparently my boss tried buying it, and even had it bought, and the guy suddenly jacked up the price?  I don't know. 

Anyway, my point is the land is still for sale.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 10:23:48 AM »
I work at that small engine shop that's right there, I don't really see where they would ever put a range in.  There's a tiny piece of land for sale right next to us, and has been for sale for as long as I can remember.  It seems way to small to put a range in, in my opinion anyway. In fact, the land looks pretty worthless to anyone except our shop, and apparently my boss tried buying it, and even had it bought, and the guy suddenly jacked up the price?  I don't know. 

Anyway, my point is the land is still for sale.

The "Meggitt Training Systems 3-lane mobile range" is effectively the cargo area of a semi tractor-trailer. 

http://www.meggitttrainingsystems.com/Portals/6/PDFs/Road%20Range%20Brochure%2008.pdf

I believe they were planning on a classroom area hooked to it, but the range itself is a self-contained small amount of space, that would fit easily on a tiny lot.

I believe there were some issues, and the entire thing is still pending.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com