< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: yea, this is real fair,  (Read 886 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
yea, this is real fair,
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »
  I don't have words to describe this,   considering what fearless leader said tonight!

http://www.10news.com/news/foreigners-us-citizens-charged-to-enter-mexico-11132014
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Re: yea, this is real fair,
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:37:36 AM »
I'm keeping my 28 bucks.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:40:05 AM »
If they do, then the US will probably reciprocate the fee as a visa issuance fee. The US Department of State has a fun policy that we match all the issuance fees and visa validity limitations that are placed by that country on our citizens who travel abroad.

Thus, whenever Banana Republic A complains and asks our diplomatic corps why we limit their citizens' visas to three entries, six month validity and a $100 additional issuance fee, but Banana Republic B citizens get five year unlimited entry no-issuance-fee visas (if otherwise qualified of course) we can smack them back and say "because that's what you charge our American tourists".

Then they ***** and moan that Americans are all rich and can afford it. Then we say, sorry, that's our policy and if they want the fees eliminated, the ball is in their court. Then you order another round of gins and tonic, for the anti-malarial attributes of the quinine, of course. Ahhhh, good times!

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »
Reciprocated Visa fees??!?!?!?   When 10's of thousands of people can walk, run, ride or swim across the border into the U.S. as they please, how in the name of suffering Jesus would that effect anything??!?  I need to drink...

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 11:58:28 PM »
Reciprocated Visa fees??!?!?!?   When 10's of thousands of people can walk, run, ride or swim across the border into the U.S. as they please, how in the name of suffering Jesus would that effect anything??!?  I need to drink...

Entering legally and illegally are two separate matters and different topics.  (You could charge law-abiding visitors a fortune to enter, but it wouldn't have any impact on the tide of people entering illegally.)  The point is whenever any country in the world, anywhere in the world, gets clever and charges Americans "X" dollars to enter, we reciprocate and charge them "X" dollars as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:00:56 AM by feralcatkillr »

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
Entering legally and illegally are two separate matters and different topics.  (You could charge law-abiding visitors a fortune to enter, but it wouldn't have any impact on the tide of people entering illegally.)  The point is whenever any country in the world, anywhere in the world, gets clever and charges Americans "X" dollars to enter, we reciprocate and charge them "X" dollars as well.

And thusly the Myth of an Effective State Dept. is perpetuated... Now Mexico can add their name to the list of countries who dictate terms to the U.S. joining Iran, China, N.Korea, Russia, Pakistan and Turkey. Did I miss anyone?

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »
And thusly the Myth of an Effective State Dept. is perpetuated... Now Mexico can add their name to the list of countries who dictate terms to the U.S. joining Iran, China, N.Korea, Russia, Pakistan and Turkey. Did I miss anyone?

Uh... every country in the world, either friend or foe.  You seem to be misunderstanding the concept of "sovereign nation".  Every sovereign nation can charge us whatever fees they like.  America's long standing practice of turning around and charging them those exact same fees as a way of negotiating them down has actually had really good success over the years in terms of reducing the fees and visa limitations on American tourists and businesspeople needing to travel abroad.

None of which has anything to do with illegal immigration, which is more of a domestic policy issue rather than a foreign policy one.  There are a lot of good ideas that have been floated that would get us on the path toward fixing the immigration problem; usually some variations of stopping up the gaps in the border, resuming deportations, better tracking of visitors who are here and making sure we know when the leave (US-VISIT exit registration) and mandating an electronic immigration status check of all new employees.  However the only thing I can conclude is the Democratic party simply doesn't want the problem fixed. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:32:36 PM by feralcatkillr »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »
If they do, then the US will probably reciprocate the fee as a visa issuance fee. The US Department of State has a fun policy that we match all the issuance fees and visa validity limitations that are placed by that country on our citizens who travel abroad.

Thus, whenever Banana Republic A complains and asks our diplomatic corps why we limit their citizens' visas to three entries, six month validity and a $100 additional issuance fee, but Banana Republic B citizens get five year unlimited entry no-issuance-fee visas (if otherwise qualified of course) we can smack them back and say "because that's what you charge our American tourists".

Then they ***** and moan that Americans are all rich and can afford it. Then we say, sorry, that's our policy and if they want the fees eliminated, the ball is in their court. Then you order another round of gins and tonic, for the anti-malarial attributes of the quinine, of course. Ahhhh, good times!

You had me at Gin & Tonic.