< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Exeter Arms 3rd Annual Pumpkin Pop Nov. 1st, 2009.  (Read 3688 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Exeter Arms 3rd Annual Pumpkin Pop Nov. 1st, 2009.
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »
Rob and Hope are having their annual Pumpkin Pop again this year on Nov. 1st. They will be giving away a 9mm suppressor, a 22 cal suppressor, and some freebies from the companies they deal for. They expect a large turnout. Registration begins at 9 a.m. at the range south of Friend, NE, with shooting to begin at 10 a.m. I will be setting up the NFOA table to register new members, and we will be getting a good plug from Rob between breaks.

The Pumpkin Pop is just what it sounds like. Tannerite will be cut into the pumpkins, then when the line goes hot, shooters will try to hit the tannerite with their own guns or they can rent guns from Rob. The pumpkins get turned into mush pretty quickly. You will also be able to rent machine guns from Exeter Arms to shoot there. Rob has an M16, an MP5, a Glock 18, a Kriss Super V,and who knows what else since I saw him last. He did have a FN p90, and some other things, like a .50 cal to rent.

Rob and Hope are members of the NFOA and are doing things to help us raise money and membership, so please go out and help support them in this event.

http://exeter-arms.com/events
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:02:20 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Exeter Arms 3rd Annual Pumpkin Pop Nov. 1st, 2009.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:22:44 PM »
I just had someone ask me about this and I couldn't find anything on their website. I have added this event to the NFOA calendar
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:50:41 AM »
A full-auto MP5 is some of the best fun you can have with your clothes on. 

Anyone who has been to a halfway decent gun show in the past few years will recognize Rob.  I've taken a class with him and he is a gentleman.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »
Just a reminder that the Pumpkin Pop is coming up next Sunday, and NFOA raffle tickets will be available at this event.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »
ive never been to the pumpkin pop and i think i can make this one.  maybe a ill bring a few friends.

does anyone have an address or directions i can have for this?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 09:10:54 PM »
From their website:

Exit 369 is the exit you want if you are coming in on I-80. Go south 12 miles to Friend and the signs will lead you from there. If you are coming in on Hwy 6 look for the signs on the West end of Friend they will lead you to the range.

Signs will be clearly posted on how to get to the range. All you have to do is go straight south of the Daisy Queen Ice Cream Shop on the West end of Friend Nebraska.

Once there park along the road. It is a minimum use road so doesn?t worry about parking on it. Hope will be at the range entrance registering you for the shoot and giving you your raffle tickets. All commands of the range safety officers will be followed at all times.

http://exeter-arms.com/pumpkin_pop
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:16:20 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »
I went out last year, was a good time, don't be shy about stepping up to the line to shoot, the tannerite goes fast, and the pumpkins vaporize.

The NFOA has a table out there, weather permitting, where we will be selling raffle tickets and signing up members, so come on out.

Prizes will be given away, including 2 suppressors, and they pay the tax for you. There will be factory reps there (I forgot which ones) giving away t-shirts and such, and answering questions you may have.

Bring your ear and eye protection.

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 02:49:18 PM »
Okay, I'm kind of new around sport shooting (I've hunted all my life and shot trap a good deal) but new to pistols, just witnessed some IDPA last week, never been to a live three gun or a bowling pin shoot, no Rock the Glock...I've shot rotten eggs and insulators (my own) with BB and 22s; watermelons and apples with 410 and 12 gauge; bottles, cans, clods and quarters with BBs, 22s and lately with 9mm.  What would be a suitable pumpkin shooting gun?
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »
Well, it starts like this:

And ends up like this:

And this:

Any questions?

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
Tannerite looks like allot of fun. A little expensive though.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
It was a great day for the Pop. Warm, sunny and calm. Crowd was small, which meant it was easy to get to shoot your alotted pumpkins. Wendy got to shoot the 227lb pumpkin, and hit it first shot with a 308 she had never shot before. In fact, it was her first time to shoot a bolt action high power, as she is a newcomer to shooting and has only shot my AR, my HK270, and numerous pistols.

One guy from North Platte won both large prizes, the Sig Mosquito, range bag and SigTac coat was the grand prize, and he won the 9mm suppressor. He should have went and bought powerball tickets that day. I was the last ticket to be drawn out. Last year they drew out for grand prize at the end, which would have been me. :angry9:

Wendy and I signed up 29 new members, out of 31 people who weren't already members, not a bad percentage. The other two did take flyers to check out our website, but a pretty darn good percentage.

I was hoping to see more NFOA members there from the forum. If you were there, I am dissapointed you didn't stop and introduce yourself. We had one member there with an NFOA shirt, and I did talk with him. Raffle sales were pretty good.

The event was catered by a local family, and they had a great chocolate covered cherry funnel cake, it was devine. I will post pics when I get them pulled from Wendy's camera.

I did get to shoot a new member's semi auto Barret 50 cal. Some kittens might have died when that happened. :o

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:47 AM »
If you were there, I am dissapointed you didn't stop and introduce yourself. We had one member there with an NFOA shirt, and I did talk with him.

hey rat, that was me with the shirt and i talked to you a bit.  my name is robert.  its cool, my sign-in name isn't very rememberable.  it was fun out there, i plan on doing it again next year.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline jprice

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »
Lil Rat, The huge funnel cake with all of the goodies on it was a sight to behold, and the fact that you ate "the whole thing" basically by yourself, (Wendy is obviously not a big eater) was amazing. It was a great day for the 2cd ammedment. Thanks to you for making the effort to be there and spread the word about NFOA. Jim.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 09:53:17 PM »
Good to meet you guys face to face, I know we talked about screen names, but I forget names quickly.