Ammunition & Hand Loading > General Ammunition Discussion

.22LR for pistol use

(1/6) > >>

1hickey:
Since I am trying out my Walther P22, does anyone that has experience with this sidearm have suggestions for a reliably shooting rimfire cartridge for the P22?  My el cheapo stuff is OK for plinking, but what is more reliable for actual use?  It seems like there is an impressive array of .22LR rounds out there these days.

Administrator:
I always see CCI Mini-Mags recommended.

JimP:
Can you define "actual use"? I hope you were not considering that P22 for self defense :o.................

I thought plinking, pest control, and practice was pretty much all the actual use a .22 pistol had.......

1hickey:
Mostly around the farm.  I do know that quite a few people carry them.  Don't know if I would....

Although, unless someone was revved up on meth, putting a little .22 or two in 'em would probably make them stop their foolishness.  I wouldn't want to get shot with a .22!  Come to think of it, at pistol range, a .22 would probably do just as good a job under most self-defense circumstances without killing.  Not sure if guaranteed head removal from a combat pistol or big revolver would be a prerequisite for me as far as carry.

Now you've got me thinking, Jim!!  That's never good. ::)

Jay:
oh oh, the dreaded .22lr thread.........  ;D

Popcorn is in the microwave!

When 1hickey and I were discussing my options for a carry pistol back in the day, he was pretty outspoken against a 9mm... now he has a .22!  :-* LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version