< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CCW classes  (Read 2002 times)

1hickey

CCW classes
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »
When will there be a new round of state sanctioned CCW classes in our area?  Southeastern Nebraska, that is.  Where can I go to see schedules and instructors?

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: CCW classes
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:24:22 PM »
There are classes being offered all of the time. I know that both Chris Zeeb and Paul Horvick offer classes from time to time in Lincoln. From what I have experienced with both of them, I would not hesitate to recommend either to anyone looking for handgun training of any kind. I believe Chris has his contact info in his profile, and we have a link to Paul Horvick's site, Shooting Safely, on our links page.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:27:30 PM by Jay »

Offline phorvick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 09:23:03 PM »
When will there be a new round of state sanctioned CCW classes in our area?  Southeastern Nebraska, that is.  Where can I go to see schedules and instructors?
The State Patrol web site does list all instructors that are currently approved.  Not all are doing classes however.  The link is:  http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/findfile.asp?id2=255

There are a gaggle of instructors in the Omaha area...many (most??) doing classes out of the Bullet Hole.

I know that some (myself included) take the "show on the road"...meaning that if you have a location where the range exercise can be held, I would be happy to do the class at your chosen location.

If butterfiles carried .45's, there would be no sparrow problem.

http://shootingsafely.com

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:45:35 PM »
Thanks, Paul..... ohhhh, I am having a bad day......

I knew 1hickey would be looking for stuff in Lincoln so I just blurted out who I was familiar with off the top of my head. I didn't even think to mention that we also have a link to the State Patrol's sight on our links page.

I saw an elderly gentleman take a horribly nasty fall today from atop a stoop leading into a building and land flat on his back on the sidewalk right in front of me. I tried to catch him but I just couldn't reach him in time. It is really distracting me tonight. I hope that he will be ok.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »
Iinfo on my classes is at:

www.neccwtraining.com

Now, if you and a few others want to organize a class in Plattsmouth (I know Tom and Julie want to take it as well), we can set up a special class just for you guys. Email me to work out details.