< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Surviving Disaster  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
Surviving Disaster
« on: October 14, 2009, 09:59:51 AM »
I don't know if anybody else has caught this new show on Spike TV. It is on Tuesday nights at 10:00. They had an episode a couple weeks ago about home invasion, which dealt more with what to do if you were someone like a bank manager that was taken hostage and was to be used to gain access to your bank. But last nights epsiode dealt with an active shooter(s) in a Mall setting. For us self defense types this was probably the best episode yet. The guy that explains how to survive the disasters showed how to with the help of others take out one of the shooters with weapons found in the mall. These weapons include metal parts from displays that could be found in a store. Unlike most shows of this type the host  instructed the people with him to take the shooters guns and explained you either use them or die. Of course since he is a former Navy SEAL he explained how to move through the mall using cover fire. The whole point of the show was to show you how to get out of the mall alive, not how to take on every shooter. Once they were out of the mall he explained how to react when you make your first contact with the Police.

I think you can watch previous episodes on their website.
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Surviving Disaster
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »
full episode in on their website for a few more days...

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 02:33:22 PM »
Linky?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 03:29:11 PM »

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:01:19 AM »
Great video. Number one! Be aware of your surroundings! What would the video be like with 10-25 CCW?

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:42:21 AM »
Respect. I'm not going to comment on the acting or how silly some parts seem, because at least someone is making an attempt at going over a situation like this. Hell, that's more than we can say about the government!
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly; now that...is very hard to do."

- Bruce Lee

Offline George

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
Is anyone into the 50 BMG?
I have an interesting piece on the use of the 50 BMG use in Irak...........
Endowment Life NRA member

Offline dl_schneider

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »
When I read the first post about it, I figured it would be a "how to be Rambo" type show. It definately was not. I was very impressed how it focused more on confrontation avoidance, but sometimes thats not possible and that you may need to improvise in order to stay alive.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."   -Daniel Boone

"I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."   -Clint Eastwood