< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Best thing since individually wrapped processed cheese like slices  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Best thing since individually wrapped processed cheese like slices
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 09:28:17 PM »
I bought 2k M193 surplus on stripper clips back in the day and I am still using them, but I do look for stripper clips cheap wherever I can.

My way to store SHTF ammo is  on clips, in bandoleers, stored in ammo can with a few spoons 
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 12:17:01 AM »
If y'all had a superior revolver you wouldn't have to worry about such things.

Best thing since Wensleydale.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 07:38:53 AM »
Do you guys buy the rounds already on stripper clips, or do you buy/collect/appropriate the stripper clips and slide the rounds on yourselves?  Not even sure if you can do that, but don't know why not.  I know sliding them on would take some time, but if you just wanted to have a lot of ammo in reserver ready for the zombie apocalypse, then a bunch of surplus stripper clips would be nice.

Fly
I buy some every time I go to a gun show.

I always keep mine loaded ammo on stripper clips and in the box.  2 clips to a box. 

You can pick them up cheaply at gun shows or you can order repack kits on line, like from Old Sarge etc. or even Amazon.
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 08:08:46 AM »
Have several.  Have the skinny one that uses stripper clips (the loader uses either with or w/o the clips) very fast loading, also have the 556/223 level loader, way easy, and have the one for 9mm-45.  Every one works flawlessly.  They also make them for the mini 14 which are hard to find.

Like the jk and the rest of the people have said, really, really, really fast.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
Do you guys buy the rounds already on stripper clips, or do you buy/collect/appropriate the stripper clips and slide the rounds on yourselves?

Fly,  you can find stripper clips / loader spoons for the mags / cardboard sleeves / cloth  bandoliers on line.  Stripper clips can be found for about 30 cents each.. 150 / $50.00.  AM Surplus in Bellevue has clips / spoons / sleeves / bandoliers on occasion, not always in stock.