< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Where to Shoot  (Read 4147 times)

Offline dl_schneider

• Forum Member
Where to Shoot
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
I just recently moved to Fremont, and am in need of a place to go shooting. Is there anyplace close by to shoot handgun and rifle?

I'm used to being back in Iowa where I had two free public ranges within a 30 minute drive plus plenty of farmland.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."   -Daniel Boone

"I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."   -Clint Eastwood

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Where to Shoot
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 12:08:47 AM »
What part of the state are you in?

Lincoln has Seasons Choice (indoor), Izaak Walton Club (outdoor), and the public parks has a range (indoor) which is only open a couple days a week (?) and they only allow up to .38.

Omaha has the Bullet Hole.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:56:44 AM »
Here is a search feature on the Ne Game and Parks website to search for shooting ranges of all sorts.

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/hunting/programs/education/rangelist.asp

Looks like there is a range in Uehling, about 20 miles north of Fremont that has a 100 yard rifle range.  Not seeing anything for pistols.
There is also a range in Arlington, just into Washington county a few miles east of Fremont.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline dl_schneider

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »
Thanks for that website. I should be able to find what I need on there.

One more question. On WMA's that allow target shooting, are clay bird ok or not? My wife and I enjoy shooting clays, but not sure we want to join a club yet and just wondering if its ok on WMA's.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."   -Daniel Boone

"I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."   -Clint Eastwood

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »
Lincoln Parks and Rec has closed and sold their indoor pistol range
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 07:23:39 PM »
Lincoln Parks and Rec has closed and sold their indoor pistol range

Hmmm...didn't know that.  I haven't been there for a while since I've been shooting 9mm or larger.  Who did they sell it to, and will it be a range or something else?

Fly

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 07:32:32 PM »
Land was sold , for a housing development in the flood plain no less. There was quite a stink about it in the Lincoln political scene.

Parks and Rec may be adding a small bore  25 meter indoor range to the indoor archery range plans it has for Boosalis Park

For now the air rifle classes are being held at Easterday Rec Center. My nephew just received  the sharpshooter pin in a recent class
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:54:42 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 07:39:55 PM »
I spoke with the Lincoln indoor range owner/operator today.  He said that he doesn't worry too much about competition because "Casady won't let another range open up".  Not sure how true that is or how much control Casady has regarding new ranges, but I don't doubt he would put up any road blocks he could.

Fly

Offline tut

• Forum Member
    • Tuts words
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:40 PM »
I just recently moved to Fremont, and am in need of a place to go shooting. Is there anyplace close by to shoot handgun and rifle?

No insult intended dude, just hit my funny bone is all.

Cheers!
Imagine how gun control might be stomped if either of the NON-COMPROMISING lobbying groups, the Second Amendment Foundation or Gun Owners of America, had the NRA's 4 million members!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »

No insult intended dude, just hit my funny bone is all.

Cheers!

My bad.  Guess that speed reading course didn't work out as well as I thought.   ;D

Fly

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »
Eastern Nebraska Gun Club is awesome.  It is by Lousiville, NE.  It is about an hour from Fremont, but well worth it!  We have a 600 yd rifle range, a trap area, a 100 yd range, and a great pistol area with 8 bays (I think).  There is also construction going on to add more ranges.  We also have many matches there throughout the month and you don't have to be a member to shoot the matches!  Check it out!   http://www.engc.us/ 

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
The twice a year membership induction is kind of a bummer.  I don?t mind going, but if they did it once a quarter it would be more convenient for prospective members.  :)

Do they ever have open shooters days or ?members bring a friend? days?

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
ENGC has quarterly membership meetings.

A member can bring a guest for a small fee and yes the guest may shoot.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775