< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Question as new IDPA member  (Read 1242 times)

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
Question as new IDPA member
« on: December 31, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
I've shot a few of the recent Nebraska IDPA matches as non-member and enjoyed it so I finally joined IDPA. I got my membership package in the mail today.

There's some kind of Classification Record cards and a note to "Take this letter with you to shoot the Classifier Match." Doesn't mention anything else about it, so I don't really know what it is or if I'm supposed to be doing something.

What's next?

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Question as new IDPA member
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »
Aldo mentioned that he has set up some dates for the IDPA classifier match to run sometime this spring.
Until then, just use you IDPA member number at the match.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:53 PM »
There's some kind of Classification Record cards and a note to "Take this letter with you to shoot the Classifier Match." Doesn't mention anything else about it, so I don't really know what it is or if I'm supposed to be doing something.

What's next?
The Classifier is actually a pretty involved set of proceedings.  IDPA Nebraska will hold a Classifier Match again sometime in 2015 (probably fairly early on) so that folks can get classified.  Until then, you can shoot in whatever division you like on a local level as Unclassified, so go ahead and shoot local matches just like normal until Aldo can set up a classifier match.

Classification stuff starts on page 47:
http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/g0hunysc.eoc.pdf

(If you are an IDPA member, remember to go to IDPA.com and set up your profile---because as you shoot matches and get classified, the results will show up officially there.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
Here's hoping for warmer weather for this year's Classifier. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »
Sounds like I don't have anything special to do right now, good to know.

Thanks guys.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:42:08 PM »
If you shoot a classifier with an IDPA certified SO  you will get your classification written on your card with the SO initials, from then on you will be classified.  This score will be sent into IDPA and next time you get a printed card from IDPA that info will be on the card.

Often times smaller local matches don't have enough participation to break the scoring into all the classes of shooter in all the classes of weapons so it is a general scoring of the match overall that takes place.

I have been to matches where ABCD Master classes, high lady, high over all, high police officer, youngest shooter, furthest traveled shooter.  By the time the match is over everyone got a trophy.  We hold IDPA matches 2nd Saturday in Sioux City, IA and Third Sunday in LeMars Iowa.

Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
All IDPA Nebraska matches utilize UberScoreMaster for collating and posting results of matches.  Numbers of participants won't matter since UberScoreMaster will not only have an overall listing/ranking of shooters and their results, but it will also have various reports that will break down and display rankings by divisions, etc.  And then for IDPA members, UberScoreMaster will upload the results to the IDPA website for posting.  8)

But no rewards, trophies, etc yet for our local Tier 1 club matches, but that is something that is in the works. ;)

For the interim, our current indoor matches are generally the first Saturday of each month (but sometimes the second Saturday for various reasons), and they are held at Thunder Alley Indoor Shooting Range in Lincoln, NE.

Last year we held an outdoor Classifier Match at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club in Louisville, NE.  We are planning on indoor Classifier Matches at Thunder Alley....more news on that forthcoming.  Also, last year we held two outdoor IDPA matches at Izaac Walton's outdoor range in Bennet, NE.

We have had requests to have IDPA matches in Bellvue, Omaha, York, Columbus, and "western Nebraska".  All of those are in the works.  :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:39:43 AM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 10:37:27 AM »
But no rewards, trophies, etc yet for our local Tier 1 club matches, but that is something that is in the works. ;)

No hurry on that, that's not too important until I work my way up to #1. ;)