< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Firearms Companies Being Bought Up by Soros Group  (Read 2550 times)

Offline NebraskaFilly

• NFOA Full Member
Firearms Companies Being Bought Up by Soros Group
« on: March 27, 2015, 07:43:44 AM »
A regular poster at OAS just posted the following information:

Marlin Firearms bought and CLOSED by Soros. Even if you don't own a gun - this will affect you!   MARLIN FIREARMS IS CLOSING ITS DOORS Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this.

This was checked on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. They can be trusted more than Snopes. Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! All gun owners and sportsmen/women need to see this. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of happenings. Something you may not know that Is happening! Who is buying the companies manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.

What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news.

(Soros also owns Progressive Insurance - Flo). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some research. This One-World Government atheist backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Firearms Companies Being Bought Up by Soros Group
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:59:53 AM »
I can't find anything on the Internet about Marlin being purchased.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:56:32 AM »
This is a false email that's been going around for years.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:56 AM »
Ive heard this at several different places, I wonder , since Remington bought Marlin, maybe they are moving the making of them to a Remington plant and closing the marlin plants?
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
Ive heard this at several different places, I wonder , since Remington bought Marlin, maybe they are moving the making of them to a Remington plant and closing the marlin plants?

Yes, that happened years ago.  Marlins are made in Remington factories now.  The quality has gone down the tubes, too.  If you have a pre-Remington Marlin hang on to it, they're worth quite a bit now.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 09:07:32 AM »
This is a false email that's been going around for years.

+1  Need to raise the BS flag.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »
Seems like I'd read this rumor before and it turned out to be false.  So is that +2?

Soros though is a powerful and ruthless enemy of freedom, and his attacks on America should be made widely known, as well as his connections to Obama.  There's no reason to make things up about him though; there are plenty of true things to make known.

This is what Soros stands for: Secretly Organize a Radical Overthrow of the System (SOROS).  One part of the SOROS program goes by this name: Obediently Betray America and Mask your Agenda (OBAMA).

I'm not an expert on the gun industry or economics, but it seems to me that even if a rich enemy like Soros did buy up all the gun and ammo companies in America and shut them down, enterprising Americans would just start new ones.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 10:31:53 AM »

I'm not an expert on the gun industry or economics, but it seems to me that even if a rich enemy like Soros did buy up all the gun and ammo companies in America and shut them down, enterprising Americans would just start new ones.

UNLESS you need govt approval and licensing to do so.

66bigblock
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:35:33 AM by 66bigblock »
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »
Total crap. Marlin is part of Remington which is owned by Freedom Group.

Offline NebraskaFilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 01:44:56 PM »
Sorry if this is not accurate - I admit I did not take the time to vet this.  Will be more careful in the future.  Thanks for the heads-up about it not being true. :-[

Offline NebraskaFilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »
Husker_Fan:  What about the info about the company that controls Freedom Group?   Are you able to clarify that?  I want to make sure those at OAS are aware of the truth, whatever that turns out to be.  I will do some research on that myself as well.

"Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!!"

Offline NebraskaFilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 02:07:17 PM »
Info I found says Cerberus was founded by Stephen Feinberg, Jewish from NY, and William L. Richter - so far, no reference to Soros.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 02:10:32 PM »
Husker_Fan:  What about the info about the company that controls Freedom Group?   Are you able to clarify that?  I want to make sure those at OAS are aware of the truth, whatever that turns out to be.  I will do some research on that myself as well.

"Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!!"

Know Wiki is not 100% but.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus_Capital_Management

and

http://jpfo.org/rabbi/rabbi-soros-nra.htm

and

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/Cerberus-Soros.htm

I can go on, but no need.

The Progressive Insurance statement is true.

Offline NebraskaFilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »
Found the following at 1911forum.com posted by dwood67 in 2011:

Received this info via email. I haven't confirmed this. I hope it's not factual.

It appears friends of George Soros have been quietly buying up major portions of the American gun and ammunition market.

"In 1994, Donald Zilka (of Zilka and Co.) bought Colt's Manufacturing Company. ... Colt is also developing a 'smart gun' which can only be fired by a person wearing a particular microchip." Donald Zilka is best friends with George Soros.

Jan 5, 2010 Freedom Group (Cerberus) acquired Barnes Bullets. According to the article, "Freedom Group is now one of the world's largest producers of guns and ammo. Freedom Group brands include Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS/Panther, Arms, Marlin, H&R, NEF, LC Smith, Parker, EOTAC, AAC, Dakota and INTC." o Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus Capital Management, "one of the largest private equity investment firms in the United States. The firm is based in New York City, and run by 51-year-old financier Steve Feinberg. ... Founded in 1992, Cerberus is named for the mythological three-headed dog that guarded the gates of Hades." Steven Feinberg is a p rotege of George Soros.
NumbersUSA.com- Help to limit ALL immigration.

Offline NebraskaFilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 02:25:43 PM »
Thanks, Husker_Fan - truthorfiction website appears to clarify this.  I have updated OAS website as well.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 02:46:50 PM »
Thanks, Husker_Fan - truthorfiction website appears to clarify this.  I have updated OAS website as well.

What is OAS?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:14 PM »
NebraskaFilly, I wasn't meaning to be critical of you personally. Yes, Cerberus has a stake in Freedom group, thought I don't recall if it is controlling or not. However, since Sandyhook, Cerberus has been actively trying to sell Freedom group which, in turn, owns Bushmaster.

There are institutional investors, like the California teachers' pension, that have stakes in Cerberus. They have demanded Cerberus sell off its interest in gun makers, but that is not the easiest thing to do with large privately held companies.