General Categories > Hunting and Fishing

Calling Coyotes

<< < (7/7)

Les:
How do you like the Trail?  I've thought about upgrading.  Looks to be a pissed off kitty, lol.

Mark B:
Yes the cat is not happy, they never are. I really like the Trail. 16x capability but if you get above 10x the image gets a little grainy. Other than that it's a keeper for me. Partner is 40ish and reads too much. About weekly it's "you gotta get this or that". I'm much older and done buying. You can get things done for less money but if you can buy the best you can afford the first time.

SemperFiGuy:

--- Quote ---I'm much older and done buying.
--- End quote ---

When what you've already got gets good results (4 coyotes/night), just go with it.  It Works.

What are you using for critter calling........Some kind of electronic caller...??

BTW...Coyote mating season starts in about a month.   Estrus calls work pretty darn good.   Pulls in those coyote lounge-lizard types.  Sorta mean, in a way.  But what-the-hell, it's just coyotes.

sfg

Mark B:
Foxpro. Controlling it remotely to keep their focus away from us. It seems they are pairing up now. Like the Mom and pups we shot, she apparently wasn't in heat or the new guy would have run the pups off. It isn't always good, nothing last night. I'm tired so I'm not going anywhere tonight.

SemperFiGuy:
Coyote Hunter Alert:  February is coyote mating season.

Time now to gear up for coyote winter hunts and calling.

Plus some area baiting with cat food.   (No, that's NOT cheating.   They're coyotes.)

Just remindin' y'all.    Thassall.

sfg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version