< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ponsness/Warren shotshell reloader  (Read 1254 times)

Offline tobydog

• NFOA Full Member
Ponsness/Warren shotshell reloader
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »
I have a Ponsness/Warren 800B loader a friend would like me to try to sell (from a deceased friend of his). I know nothing about these other than what I have read online. Mostly that older models need work after much use, this one does not appear to be in very good condition. Its set up for 12 gauge, have some primers, couple bags of shot. It currently has some stuck shells in it I'm trying to get removed, the tubes for the shells I've gotten out are dirty. I have no idea what this might be worth, so I'm asking if there is any interest or approximately what it might go for price-wise. I would post in the classifieds, but that requires a price and I am clueless on that. I am located in Northwest Omaha if anyone wants to look at it. suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Ponsness/Warren shotshell reloader
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
You might check out the P-W loaders on eBay.

Two 12-ga P-W 800b's are listed for around $400.   They appear to be in working condition.

P-W's are built strongly.   However, finding a retailer that stocks parts is difficult.  (As compared to MEC's, parts for which are pretty much available at retail.)

Shot goes out the door for around $42-44/25# bag, including taxes.  And depending whether it's Lawrence, West Coast, whatever.  Reclaimed shot is cheaper.   Resale shot (like yours) will have to be discounted.

Without seeing the stuff, price is hard to tell.   Given that you say it's maybe a bit beat up, you might try, say.....$250-300 OBO and list it on the Forum.   See what happens.

Or......Fer Cryin' Out Loud, buy the P-W reloader and a Browning 725, take up trapshooting.

sfg

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:14:15 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer