< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Any good outdoor shooting ranges in or around omaha?  (Read 6770 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Any good outdoor shooting ranges in or around omaha?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 09:46:10 AM »
Does anyone know what public land (if any) in Nebraska allows target shooting?  You'd think if hunting is allowed target shooting should be allowed too, though maybe not during hunting season.  Where there are campers and hikers I don't suppose it would be allowed.  But I remember as a kid going onto public land (not in this end of the state) and finding a place with a good background and shooting cans etc. (which we always cleaned up).  How about federal land, like for example Halsey National Forest (which isn't really a forest)?  Is there state or county land now where shooting is allowed, and is there a list of such places?  If there are no such places maybe there are state officials we could talk to and get that changed; public land belongs to all of us.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
Some  WMAs (wildlife management areas) allow target shooting, unless there is a sign prohibiting it. There have been threads on this board with some info, but check the game and parks website for updated info.

There should also be a downloadable guide to public lands that has the info, I had a paper copy that I picked up at walmart a few years ago.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
May also want to check with your local NRD agency, noticed that some rec areas allow hunting, target shooting shouldn't be much of a stretch.  I jusr need time to check myself.
http://nrdnet.org/

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
This was all that I found for shooting (not archery or hunting):

Bruning Dam
Little Blue NRD, Davenport Area