< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: RESULTS: IDPA Nebraska's First Indoor BUG Match January 10  (Read 972 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
RESULTS: IDPA Nebraska's First Indoor BUG Match January 10
« on: January 10, 2015, 06:03:57 PM »
Results are posted for the first ever IDPA Nebraska Indoor BUG (BackUpGun) Match held today at Thunder Alley Indoor Shooting Range in Lincoln, NE.  :)

27 shooters participated.  3 Stages with 3 strings per stage. Pretty cool beans!  8)

Kudos to Thunder Alley for hosting the match at their range. And many, many thanks to so many folks who helped with stage setup on Friday evening and then for scoring, pasting, cleaning up brass, and breaking down the stages at the end.  ;D

https://www.uberscoremaster.com/?matchid=1B2555C7-5896-4CC0-A367-458EA2FA3F94
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: RESULTS: IDPA Nebraska's First Indoor BUG Match January 10
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »
That was an absolute blast!!! When is the next one???  :-)

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 10:00:48 PM »
That was an absolute blast!!! When is the next one???  :-)

Actually, I'm initially planning on holding another in the Spring and/or Summer and then again in the Fall.  :)   If there is interest as we had at today's match, then that will give me an indication on the frequency.

Because of the time imposition that the match had on the regular hours for Thunder Alley, though, 1/3 of what was done at this match would have to be reduced.  Thus, it's either 2 stages with 3 strings or 3 stages with 2 strings.  :blank:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:08:19 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:34:10 PM »
Most definitely a cool match.  I could see my breath the whole time >:D
I like the 8:30 start time.  I think your proposed changes would work fine.
I'm looking forward to the next one. 

Aldo, many thanks for the work you put in  for this.  I, for one, really appreciate it.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
Most definitely a cool match.  I could see my breath the whole time >:D

Hahaha...now THAT is a funny comment!  Great pun....although I know it was kinda real out there!  ;D

I like the 8:30 start time.  I think your proposed changes would work fine. I'm looking forward to the next one. 

Yep...I'm not sure I see much other way around the issue of running into the Noon start time for the range's regular hours.  A couple of folks suggested to keep the 3 stages with the 3 strings, except instead of doing what we did of having each person at each stage shoot the first string, and then go back to each person and do the second string, and then repeat for the third string, it was suggested to possibly just have each person shoot their 3 strings consecutively.  That would shave some time off since folks would not have to lay down their empty gun on the table and wait for the others to do the string before they could reload the gun for the next string.  I am not sure if that would shave off enough time, though, to have had us finish up ideally by 11:15am or so for the range to prep itself for opening hours at noon.  Some more time can be shaved off if folks could use speed strips or speed reloaders for their revolvers instead of loading them one bullet at a time, but I may have to make that a stipulation for those who choose to shoot a revolver in future BUG matches.  ::)

Aldo, many thanks for the work you put in  for this.  I, for one, really appreciate it.

Well, your compliment is greatly appreciated on my end, abbafandr!!  This IDPA Nebraska gig has certainly given me a much greater appreciation for those in charge of the various ENGC matches and the Rock Your Glock/Rock N Thunder matches.  I'm not there trying to gather accolades, but having served in leadership positions in work and other non-work related endeavors, it does get lonely at the top and ya gotta have some thick skin to absorb the criticism.  We live in an imperfect world, so I don't expect to please everybody, and I certainly know that I will make my share of bonehead decisions. Nonetheless, I will respectfully and graciously accept your pat on my back, bud!!!  :)

I am also greatly, greatly appreciative of the camaraderie of 98% of the shooters AND of their assistance during the match which helps it to run relatively smoothly.  I do have to work on training some folks to grow the stable of IDPA Nebraska's Safety Officers, and so I will be looking for interested folks who regularly shoot our indoor matches, who understand the rules (and, yes, I do make some faux pas myself), who are loyal to IDPA Nebraska in wanting to help also with CoF designs, setting up the stages, scorekeeking, running the line as the lead SO, etc.

There are some other ranges across Nebraska that have contacted me and are interested in having some IDPA matches and to even have some league play amongst the clubs, which would be kinda cool; so, I need to spend some time with them to get them going just like with Thunder Alley and then to eventually train some of them as Safety Officers, too.  IDPA matches in Nebraska has the potential to really, really grow.  It would be great to see some more Nebraska IDPA shooters participate in some of the surrounding state matches, regional matches, and even the nationals! In fact, I would like to see IDPA Nebraska host a State-level Tier 2 or 3 match, etc  ;)

Overall, it's fun stuff!!  Let's keep the momentum going!!  8)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:37:54 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:08:42 PM »
Oy Vey! DON'T make me buy a BUG.  [sigh]

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 08:56:11 AM »
That was definitely a fun match. I especially liked the one-handed strings because I'm ambidextrous.  :P