< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Dirty Nasty Mayoral Candidate in Lincoln  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Dirty Nasty Mayoral Candidate in Lincoln
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:00:13 AM »
When I saw signs pop up a month or so ago I was thrilled there may actually be hope for having a pro-gun Lincoln Mayor. I've seen his DVD for sale over at Thunder Alley

Of course the title of this story makes it sound like this is just not something a Mayoral candidate should be doing.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/nancy-hicks-mayoral-candidate-selling-handgun-training-video/article_627e75a6-c783-505a-b0a0-630dac1cf188.html

You might have to click on the "print" option to view the darn story..........

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Dirty Nasty Mayoral Candidate in Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:39:13 AM »
WHOA! I did not know that. I am really looking to get involved with the city elections.  There is a young gal running for my district (NW)  that seems pretty solid for 2A (informed me she just got her CHP)  I has voiced our many concerns with Lincoln's weapons ordinances. (it was a lengthy email.)  A previous senate candidate from my area is also helping her campaign.  I have already alerted Andy that we may need the PAF to get involved and see what we can do to shake up the make up of the Lincoln City Council.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
I do believe the PAF needs to get involved.   To do so they need money.     

Who has some ideas for something fun for a fundraiser?

Who can help put together a fundraiser?

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »
I saw one of his signs pop up a couple weeks ago over in my area. I wasn't quite sure I believed it, I didn't think we would be lucky enough to get a pro-gun mayoral candidate.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 09:27:48 AM »
Getting the anti-gun ultra liberal Beutler replaced by a patriot would be a very good thing, and we should do what we can to help, since the big lie machine called the Lincoln Journal can be counted on to throw its weight behind the enemy of freedom.  I don't know what percent of eligible voters vote, but I'm guessing that if we could get all patriots registered and to the polls we could have a serious impact.  I live in SE Lincoln and will contact him about putting a sign in my yard. 

One question: how is the chief of police selected? 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 09:29:26 AM »
I have had one of Andy's signs is my yard for a month. He also has a facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/AndyStebbingforMayor
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 09:34:08 AM »
One question: how is the chief of police selected? 
Mayoral appointment if I recall
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »
Mayoral appointment if I recall

Thanks.  I had assumed that to be the case but wasn't sure.  It's one very good reason for doing everything we can to get a loyal American elected mayor.

Of course if he loses the mayor's office Beutler will most likely go back into the legislature and get into mischief with his ideological soul mate Ernie Chambers.  Unless we can stop that too. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 04:10:19 PM »
Thanks.  I had assumed that to be the case but wasn't sure.  It's one very good reason for doing everything we can to get a loyal American elected mayor.

Of course if he loses the mayor's office Beutler will most likely go back into the legislature and get into mischief with his ideological soul mate Ernie Chambers.  Unless we can stop that too. 

Get that Peschong out! Have very regards for him since i received his response about signing NFA forms.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 10:00:40 AM »
"The department is headed by a chief of police, who is appointed by the Mayor of Lincoln with approval by the Lincoln City Council."

This reads like even if you got a new mayor and the new mayor attempted to replace the Chief, the council may have the last word.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »
"The department is headed by a chief of police, who is appointed by the Mayor of Lincoln with approval by the Lincoln City Council."

This reads like even if you got a new mayor and the new mayor attempted to replace the Chief, the council may have the last word.

Sounds like we need some NFOA Members to run for City Council...
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 10:08:05 AM »
I'm still working on sparky0068 to do so.....

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:58 AM »
I'm still working on sparky0068 to do so.....

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I'd vote for him.

If he promises to stop beating me at the vintage rifle matches.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
I sent Andy Stebbing an email a few days ago inviting him to put a sign in my yard and I see one there now, so it looks like he is serious about running.  Other members might want to consider getting a sign too.  Hopefully one of Beutler's minions won't see the sign and start looking for code violations or flaws in my tax returns or something....

I agree that getting loyal Americans on the city council would be a good thing to do. 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
Resurrecting this thread. Andy is a NFOA member and will be stopping in and saying hi.   
Let him know if you want a sign and if you want to help out.  Lincolnites know we need a change in how this town is ran.

Offline andy82

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 11:33:28 PM »
Hello guys. Thank you depserv and Jeremy for reaching out to me.  Jeremy has sent me a list of concerns that are on people's minds.  I will go through them asap.  I would be honored to do coffee, a talk, meet and greet whatever. The primary is April 7. General May 5. Early mail ballots go out March 23. This is non partisan voting.  There is more info here on me: Www.andystebbing.com or email andystebbing@yahoo.com I would be honored if you guys would put up a sign, donate, tell others, and vote for me. On fb andy stebbing for mayor.  Thank you very much.  We have an awesome campaign team and we are in full speed. As your County Treasurer we have fixed a ton of problems and I hope to do the same at City Hall.  The quickest way to get a yard sign is to email me, and I will forward it to one of the delivery guys. Thanks again everyone.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:35:59 PM by andy82 »