< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: a man saw a person carrying a gun, and tackled him,  (Read 2420 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
a man saw a person carrying a gun, and tackled him,
« on: January 21, 2015, 10:16:45 AM »
 well heres a guy trying to be a hero. but it didn't go as he planned,

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/01/20/shopper-tackles-man-with-gun-at-wal-mart/22067325/

scroll to the bottom of the article, there is a add for a personal injury lawyer add
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:26:16 AM by shooter »
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: a man saw a person carrying a gun, and tackled him,
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:38:12 AM »
Seems to me this is a perfect example of why you should be aware of what is happening BEFORE you act.
During my CCW class we were given a scenario that we walk by an alley and there is a man kneeling on the ground and a man behind him pointing a firearm at the first man.  We were then asked, "What do you do?"
My thought was go for cover; draw; and call the cops.  This may be a cop holding a suspect or a thief making with the bad guy routine.
But to just jump a guy from behind before even calling the police?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 12:23:44 PM »
This idiot is three ways lucky. The man he attacked could have been an off duty or plain clothes police officer. His target would have been justified in shooting him in self defense. Another customer, seeing an unprovoked attack, might have taken him out with a wine bottle to the back of his head.

I find it hard to believe there is a Florida resident who is unaware that concealed carry is legal there with a permit. At least this guy is being charged with battery and the publicity should discourage other fools.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
Florida is chock full of crazy people.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
What an idiot!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 04:40:39 PM »
Florida is chock full of crazy people.
</thread>

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 08:24:20 PM »
Between this and "swatting" someone is going to get hurt, and it won't be the fault of a gun-owner.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
Just another Product of Our current Public Education System!  :-[
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »
I thought they were teaching "See Something, Say Something", not "See a CHP and Tackle" :)
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 09:11:50 PM »
It is obvious that he was using his experience from his high school wrestling days.
His grab for glory will get him and a couple of other "Heros" a lawsuit. 
The CHP holder should learn to be more careful as well.  The permit is for CONCEALED carry.

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 11:20:12 AM »
Just another Product of Our current Public Education System!  :-[

Easy now, not all public school teachers are liberal idiots (ahem... like me)  some of us are still fighting the good fight.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »
Saw something today that this guy is now being held involuntarily for mental health reasons.  Sounds like he's most likely not playing with a full deck.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 05:01:13 PM »
Sounds like he's most likely not playing with a full deck.

Who is ?  :laugh:
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 07:13:37 PM »
Easy now, not all public school teachers are liberal idiots (ahem... like me)  some of us are still fighting the good fight.

And a fight it is. My grandson had a 3.7 GPA at the end of his sophomore year and in the first semester of his junior year.  He loved the student teaching but was disillusioned by the book keeping, admin bullying and the PC attitude it foists on students and teachers alike.  Last week he dropped out of college for the rest of the year to figure out what else he might want to do ... Besides teaching. 

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:55 PM »
And a fight it is. My grandson had a 3.7 GPA at the end of his sophomore year and in the first semester of his junior year.  He loved the student teaching but was disillusioned by the book keeping, admin bullying and the PC attitude it foists on students and teachers alike.  Last week he dropped out of college for the rest of the year to figure out what else he might want to do ... Besides teaching. 

Yes, I see that a lot.  Until education pulls itself out of the funk of testing kids to death, I actually wouldn't recommend it.  Everything is scripted, there are very few choices for teachers to make academically.  Parents pressure administrators, who in return pressure us to keep the parents off their backs.  I'm lucky to have a good administrator who supports me, but there are three admins in the building.  It's like Office Space... if I make a mistake I have eight people breathing down my neck :)

There are lots of careers where your grandson can still use his teaching abilities... and actually get paid close to what his job is worth...best of luck to him in his decision making!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:49 PM »
Yes, I see that a lot.  Until education pulls itself out of the funk of testing kids to death, I actually wouldn't recommend it.  Everything is scripted, there are very few choices for teachers to make academically.  Parents pressure administrators, who in return pressure us to keep the parents off their backs.  I'm lucky to have a good administrator who supports me, but there are three admins in the building.  It's like Office Space... if I make a mistake I have eight people breathing down my neck :)

There are lots of careers where your grandson can still use his teaching abilities... and actually get paid close to what his job is worth...best of luck to him in his decision making!
Off topic, but I can sympathize.  It seems like my daughter is preparing for one standardized test or the other about every other week.  I wish they would let teachers teach instead of spending so much time preparing for tests. 

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 10:24:29 AM »
The idiot should serve time for criminal assault and sued for everything he has.  He's damn lucky he didn't get shot or poked in the eye or something.  Imagine if someone saw a person dressed like a Moslem and carrying a Koran, and tackled him from behind thinking he must be a terrorist.  It'd be plastered all over the liberal propaganda machines, from CNN to the Lincoln Journal, and used as a lesson about the phony Islamophobia nonsense the liberal press promotes.  No surprise that those same media do not consider this act of idiocy to be newsworthy.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.