< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Voter ID law has chance of passing this year (LB111 and LB121)  (Read 642 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Voter ID law has chance of passing this year (LB111 and LB121)
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:43:51 PM »
I know its not gun related but I do think many of you are interested in LB 111 or LB 121:

With Nebraska Legislature's more conservative bent, voter ID measures face clearer path in ’15

LINCOLN — The Nebraska Legislature’s more conservative cast has given new hope this year to supporters of a bill requiring government-issued photo identification to vote.

But opponents are already promising to filibuster the proposal and, if that fails, mount a legal challenge.

“There will be a vigorous and very long debate, and I will do everything I can to stop it,” said State Sen. Adam Morfeld of Lincoln, who is executive director of the voter advocacy group, Nebraskans for Civic Reform.

Read entire article here:

http://www.omaha.com/news/legislature/with-nebraska-legislature-s-more-conservative-bent-voter-id-measures/article_fdfa8558-3046-51f2-aacc-7af169a3c2e5.html

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Voter ID law has chance of passing this year (LB111 and LB121)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 03:54:30 PM »
This law would be grossly unfair to citizenship-challenged voters.  And it would only allow people to vote one time.  It might even make it harder for a drooling homeless person to be able to vote for the ones he's told will provide for him.  Do we really want these things?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Voter ID law has chance of passing this year (LB111 and LB121)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »
This law would be grossly unfair to citizenship-challenged voters.  And it would only allow people to vote one time.  It might even make it harder for a drooling homeless person to be able to vote for the ones he's told will provide for him.  Do we really want these things?
Damn right !
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.