< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TacMed for Law Enforcement May 28th 8-6PM Tekemah  (Read 962 times)

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
TacMed for Law Enforcement May 28th 8-6PM Tekemah
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
I know its early notice but we filled all of the LE only classes we did at NLETC in 2014 so we are scheduling a couple in Tekemah this year to better serve our eastern Ne LEOs.

88 Tactical TacMed for Law Enforcement
https://88tactical.com/categories/6-specialized-training/courses/60-tac-med-for-law-enforcement-tekamah/

Summary

Our Tactical Medicine for Law Enforcement Course combines both live-fire and tactical medicine exercises in one dynamic 10 hour class. Learn the fundamentals of tactical medicine including the use of a basic trauma kit, emergency management of airway, hemorrhage, chest trauma, and other life-threatening injuries. Fight to the wounded, fight while wounded, perform man down rescue tactics under fire and engage in rapid patient assessment and treatment while under duress.

Objectives:

Effectively use commercial tourniquets, combination bandages and hemostatic agents to control lethal bleeding from injuries you or others, have suffered

Effectively treat penetrating trauma to the torso.

Recognize and address tension pneumothorax

Draw, conduct immediate action, remedial action, reload, and engage a threat with your sidearm while only using your primary or support hand

Self extract to cover, engage a threat then self apply a tourniquet, remaining in the fight until help arrives
Quickly and effectively move casualties to cover.

Perform rapid casualty assessments finding and treating any life threatening injuries, keeping the casualty alive until help arrives

Tactical Medicine lecture covering the following:
Mental Preparation
Hemorrhage Control
Emergency Compression Dressing (Israeli Battle Dressing, NAR Bandage, Olaes Bandage)
Tourniquet (SOFT-T, CAT, improvised windlass)
Packing Wounds
Use of hemostatic agents
Tension Pneumothorax
Sucking Chest Wound
Airway support

Each student will get plenty of hands on practice applying various bandages, tourniquets and packing wounds in the classroom.  Practice medical equipment will be provided by 88 Tactical for all classroom and range exercises.

Students may bring and practice with their own issued med kits if they choose.

Live-fire portion of course:
Advanced one hand shooting/weapon manipulations
Primary and support hand only weapon presentation
Primary and support hand only reloading
Primary and support hand only weapon malfunction drills
Fighting from the ground
Shooting from prone, supine and lateral recumbent positions
Self assessment, treatment of life threatening bleeding and one hand tourniquet application
Single and multiple officer rescue tactics under fire
Rapid patient assessment and treatment while under duress

Course Logistics:
Approximately 10-hours of instruction completed in one day
Training Location will be 88 Training Facility, Tekamah, NE.

Cost
$150.00

Required Eligibility:
This course is restricted to Law Enforcement only

Classroom Training Preparation:
Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to class for check-in process
Pens, notebooks and course materials will be provided
Feel free to bring drinks/ snacks for the classroom training.

Range Training Preparation:
Handgun - Must bring a semi-auto pistol. Rear sight must have a ledge so you can operate your slide on your belt, holster, or pocket
Holster - NO IWB HOLSTERS ALLOWED
Please bring serviceable holster and mag pouches
Ammunition - Bring 400 rounds of factory new practice ammo. NO HANDLOADS.
Protection - Bring eye & ear protection
Attire - Bring shoes and clothing appropriate for outdoor range training. Be prepared for inclement weather ... rain jacket, mud boots, etc. are good backup items to have available. Remember, you will be at an outdoor range
Sack lunch and water

Questions/ Concerns:
To register for this course you must contact Jason Wright at 402.213.5101 or jwright@88tactical.com.
Questions contact Shawn Whittington Jr. at swhittington@88tactical.com
This course is restricted to LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY.

This course is held at:
88 Tactical Training Facility
2750 County Road GH
Tekamah, NE

Lodging:
Lodging is avaliable. Contact Jason Wright at jwright@88tactical.com for information.
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: TacMed for Law Enforcement May 28th 8-6PM Tekemah
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 01:39:37 PM »
Why take our TACMED class? Here is why:
1. wounded
2. suspect gets out at close range 
3. fighting from the ground
4. out of ammo
5. wrist broken- unable to reload or untrained to reload while wounded

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:18:32 AM by sjwsti »
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: TacMed for Law Enforcement May 28th 8-6PM Tekemah
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 09:15:35 AM »
Still not sure about signing up? Dont take my word for it, below are a few of the emails that Mark at the Ne. law Enforcement Training Center in Grand Island has forwarded us regarding our LE TacMed course.

For non LEOs check our open enrollment TacMed Level 1. You will get the same medical training and 98% of the range drills as the LE class. https://88tactical.com/categories/1-handgun/courses/20-tactical-medicine-level-1-tekamah/ (You will get the remaining 2% plus a lot more in Level 2)

Mark,

It was great seeing you again. I always look forward to training with you and the others.
 I don't know what you have to do to get Shawn Whittington and the rest of the guys from Tactical 88 to come back but it needs to be done. This was by far, hands down, a class that every officer, rather a rookie or a veteran, needs to attend. I would like this to become somehow part of the either an academy class, because it ties into Active Shooter, or an elective training that is held at least 2-4 times a year.
 For me being a very active instructor for a department of over 300 officers this would be something that I can tell you the majority of them would want to attend. It was the perfect amount of information as not to overload someone, tied with the hands on application, then transitioning to the range then with shooting course and rapid assessment/treatment...this would give officers the confidence to jump in and do what they can verses "oh, I'll wait for medical".
 Being our SWAT Teams "Medic" for the past 10 years I have been trying to find a course that was close, not to expensive, and gave you that hands on training and instructions from people who know it and have lived it. I found it!
 I plan on passing this training on to our operators and the rest of the department in upcoming training. It would be selfish of me not to pass on this valuable training that could either save their own life, another officers life, a family members, or a citizens life.
 Thanks for laying the ground work to get this class done and hopefully there will be other opportunities in the near future that this training will be offered on a regular basis. If there is anything I can do to assist you or the guys from Tactical 88 to make this happen, let me know and I will be glad to help anyway possible.
 I do have to make another comment about the instructors. You couldn't ask for a better group of instructors who worked well not just with each other, but the entire class. All of them had their pieces of the puzzle which made this class come together and it was nicely done!
 I look forward to training with you again and hopefully with those guys as well in the near future.

Take care, stay safe, and train hard!

Officer M. R.
Lincoln Police Department

Critique for Tactical 88's Tactical Med Class

This is the best 1 day tactical application course that I have taken.  The amount of material covered, demonstrated, and performed was unbelievable.  The instructors were very knowledgeable and approachable, which is becoming more rare.  The classroom portion was easy to follow and understand, and the techniques taught were realistic and applicable for those of us that might have to use them someday.  Only negative concerning the classroom instruction, was the lack of student handout.  It wasn't a necessity, but it would have been nice to have a general guideline to follow the power point with.  This was not a detriment to the class, just a suggestion to make it better. 
  The outdoor application portion, was extremely productive and useful.  The techniques are simplistic and practical.  I learned a couple of new shooting drills that I plan to use to challenge and reinforce tactics with the officers and deputies that I work with. 
  The price of the course was extremely reasonable, especially considering I paid my own way through the course.  I would highly recommend this course be taught to all officers, especially those just beginning to walk the path.  Thanks for getting the guys from Tactical 88 to come down and teach us.  Enjoyed learning from them.  I hope to see more of their training classes in the future, maybe the active shooter, room clearing one that everyone was talking about.

Thanks again Mark, hope this helps you continue to bring these great courses.

Deputy G. K.
Greeley County Sheriff's Office

To whom it may concern:

I attended the Tactical Medicine for Law Enforcement course on July 1, 2014 at NLETC.  Every portion of the class was of benefit to me from the lecture based materials, hands on live-fire training to the professional staff of 88 Tactical.

Not only would I strongly encourage any of my law enforcement counterparts to attend this course, I hope the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center supports hosting this class and further offerings of 88 Tactical in the future.

Thank you,

Officer D. H.
York Police Department

Just wanted to share my thoughts with you about 88 Tactical and the recent Tac Med training I attended yesterday. I must admit that I was a bit hesitant about them at first due to my recent interaction with some eastern LEO’s. I however did enjoy the class very much. It was great (and very realistic) training. They provided genuinely over qualified instructors with real life experience. The instructors were extremely knowledgeable and very easy to understand and talk with. I can’t say enough good things about the training, instructors and company. I think it would be well worth our time to bring them back to NLETC. I would like all of our instructors to attend this training.

Thanks,

J. H.
(NLETC Training Staff)

I really enjoyed the military and fire/rescue perspectives that 88 Tactical's Instructors were able to provide and like everyone else I believe that this training should be something every officer should consider.  There's a good chance the active shooter policy my agency will follow may soon involve establishing a casualty collection point on scene and the training gives me the ability to wear more hats, should the need arise.  I also think the affordable price of their training would benefit a lot of agencies/officers in meeting the annual training standards.  I hope things work out and 88 Tactical is able to provide more training at the center in the future.

C. S.
Ravenna, NE 

First, let me thank you and the other instructors for the TACMED course
yesterday.  It really was very useful and was exactly what I was looking for
since tactical medicine has always been something I have been interested in,
but could never find a course that would work. 

Personally, I feel that the correct amount of information was used on the
medical side for people who have little to no knowledge with medicine.  A
subject like that can quickly become overwhelming with too much information,
rendering it ineffective for many people. However, the instructors were able
to give the most useful and relevant information needed to have at least a
basic understanding on how to treat yourself or someone else. 

If and when you offer an advanced TACMED course please feel free to get ahold
of me as I will definitely be interested in taking it.

S. P.
Lincoln/Lancaster County Narcotics Unit

The instructors at 88Tactical have put together an extremely
informative and enjoyable course. Tac Med for LE covered a lot of
important and life saving material while maintaining a level of
interest and enjoyment in the classroom. The live fire drills were
challenging and humbling to say the least. Role playing victim rescue
really helped drive home the key points of the course. Above all the
instructors were helpful, never condescending and extremely
professional. I thank you guys for the opportunity to better myself and
my department!

Deputy M. V.
Knox County Sheriff's Office

www.88tactical.com