< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: another gun auction aurora ne  (Read 1704 times)

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
another gun auction aurora ne
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »
http://www.cornwellauction.com/listings.htm
Scroll down a little, 2 day coin and gun auction.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: another gun auction aurora ne
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 10:41:53 AM »
Actually the same auction just a different site.  ;)
Either way I may have to take some time off to go to this one.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 08:18:59 AM »
BTT as a reminder- Guns for auction Saturday. No I can't go, need $$$.

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »
After action report as it were.

Large number of attendees with what seemed like lots of lookylous, who came to see what the deal was then left after the first hour or two.

I heard there were more than 400 bidder numbers issued, could be true, the crowd was there.

As with most large GUN auctions, the bidding was pretty frantic and hit stupid prices pretty quickly early on and towards the end, however, through the middle 100 or so guns, I saw many go for what I judged to be about right, in other words mid to high retail prices.  Just a word here, those prices were NOT good for me as I was looking for flips, but the sellers got decent money.

Also as seems to be the norm with big GUN auctions, there were some high-end guns that went "below the money"..............now mind you, they still fetched a pretty penny, but were anywhere from a hundred to a couple hundred below what they could/should have brought ( not what I call a "quick" flip by any stretch so I didn't bid on those ) .

I did come home with one pistol, which will be going on Gunbroker soon.

I forgot to mention the quality and variety of the guns, well, there was quite literally a condition and variety for every level of gunny, from clearly an "in process" project to beautifully finished specimen and from some of the more rare of guns to some of the latest and just like everything elsest.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:40:12 PM by newfalguy101 »