< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Our Republican Congressmen and Senators failed us.  (Read 1835 times)

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
Our Republican Congressmen and Senators failed us.
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »
There were 52 republican congressmen who voted to not fund Obama's Amnesty in DHS.  This was not a government shut down not shutting down DHS just the 15% of DHS that would help Obama's Illegal Amnesty.  Not a single Nebraska congressmen or Senator stood up for real Conservative principals. 

I was wondering if anyone here is as fed up as I am and would join me in starting the Constitutional Party here in Nebraska?  There is a Constitutional Party and they are in many states.  Its very clear the rino's at the federal level have no backbone nor principals and I for one am tired of helping these liars get elected.  I want real change in Washington.  If you are interested please email me.

Brandonkhein@protonmail.ch
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Our Republican Congressmen and Senators failed us.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
Sasse has been called a "good friend" by mark levin, and also recently mentioned on hannity.  for what exactly, slips my mind.

I like you stand here in awe of the lack fight out of these republican majorities. wtf is going on in washington?

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
Do you need reminded we do not have the 60 votes in the Senate to override a veto?

No matter what gets passed, the Zer0 will veto.  So attaching a rider to the funding bill is useless.

If we had the 60 votes needed to override the veto, he would just ignore the law anyway but at least we would have legal basis.

We really need to impeach this imposter and get it over with.  I don't care how bad Biden is.  He may be a bumbling dufus but at least he is not intent on destroying America.

As far as our Senators, you would have to ask them their thought process but I am sure it was reasoned.

Pray the Republic can survive this onslaught.
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:17:57 PM »
Third parties are a sucker's game. The only ways to affect change are either to control both the Hill and the White House, or get a veto-proof majority. Re-taking the White House is a likely outcome at this point, IMO.

There were 52 republican congressmen who voted to not fund Obama's Amnesty in DHS.  This was not a government shut down not shutting down DHS just the 15% of DHS that would help Obama's Illegal Amnesty.

Saying stuff that isn't true is also not helpful. The "Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents" applications will be processed by Citizenship and Immigration Services, if (repeat if) the E.O. survives the legal challenges. CIS is the only DHS bureau funded exclusively by user fees. CIS is not appropriated and if Congress de-funds DHS, CIS continues to adjudicate petitions as normal. It did not shut down in 2013 during the last budget impasse. It will not shut down if another budget lapse occurs.

When you read that only a small part of DHS would be inoperable, that refers to the distinction between "essential" and "non-essential" staff. Essential staff in law enforcement jobs (border patrol, etc.) the Coast Guard, Secret Service, and others would continue to work for no salary until a budget is passed. Non-essential staff can be anything from attorneys, to human resources and payroll clerks, to admin staff overseeing IT contracts.  The U.S. Antideficiency Act makes it illegal for them to work for free. They'd be furloughed in the short run, but it ends up costing more in the long run because of all the additional work and overtime needed to catch up for the days and weeks lost.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:19:20 PM »
Third parties are a sucker's game. The only ways to affect change are either to control both the Hill and the White House, or get a veto-proof majority. Re-taking the White House is a likely outcome at this point, IMO.

Saying stuff that isn't true is also not helpful. The "Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents" applications will be processed by Citizenship and Immigration Services, if (repeat if) the E.O. survives the legal challenges, regardless of a budget.  CIS is the only DHS bureau funded exclusively by user fees. CIS is not appropriated and if Congress de-funds DHS, CIS continues to adjudicate petitions as normal. It did not shut down in 2013 during the last budget impasse. It will not shut down if another budget lapse occurs.

When you read that only a small part of DHS would be inoperable, that refers to the distinction between "essential" and "non-essential" staff. Essential staff in law enforcement jobs (border patrol, etc.) the Coast Guard, Secret Service, and others would continue to work for no salary until a budget is passed. Non-essential staff can be anything from attorneys, to human resources and payroll clerks, to admin staff overseeing IT contracts.  The U.S. Antideficiency Act makes it illegal for them to work for free. They'd be furloughed in the short run, but it ends up costing more in the long run because of all the additional work and overtime needed to catch up for the days and weeks lost.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:20:26 PM »
Don't know why the weird double post happened.

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »
I have written to all the Republican congressmen and both senators, no response!  You might call it a third party a suckers game but voting for a party that has no interest in taking America back makes me wonder who the sucker really is.

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 09:26:08 PM »
I don't care if they don't have enough to over ride a veto, vote for the right thing!

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 01:49:18 PM »
Who is John Galt?

;D
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »
Who is John Galt?

;D

What if we got out of their way and let them achieve the utopia of their dreams? Wouldn't it be easier to start over without them after they all starve to death in a couple of years?

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 02:06:51 PM »
What if we got out of their way and let them achieve the utopia of their dreams? Wouldn't it be easier to start over without them after they all starve to death in a couple of years?
Unfortunately their utopian dream would require the removal of all the rights we hold dear and every bit of our ability to protect ourselves from the so called "dream".
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »
Unfortunately their utopian dream would require the removal of all the rights we hold dear and every bit of our ability to protect ourselves from the so called "dream".

I have an inkling that you and I will be just fine. As for the rights we hold dear, sometimes you don't know what ya got til it's gone......

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

More than that, EO 13603 would make little tzars out of cabinet heads, reportable only to the president, giving them "emergency" authorization to confiscate everything from your vehicles to the food in your gardens and homes.  All for "national defense".

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 07:22:12 AM »
More than that, EO 13603 would make little tzars out of cabinet heads, reportable only to the president, giving them "emergency" authorization to confiscate everything from your vehicles to the food in your gardens and homes.  All for "national defense".
And the confiscation would be a big problem in my opinion. If I am willing to store up supplies for emergencies it doesn't mean that I should have to share that or give it up. Whether that is food, vehicles, ammo or weapons.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan