< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Grand Island Rifle Club Meeting 11-3-09  (Read 2597 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Grand Island Rifle Club Meeting 11-3-09
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »
On 11-3-09 I will be attending the GI Rifle Club's monthly meeting to discuss with them the NFOA and trying to get their whole club to sign up with us. The meeting starts at 7:30 pm at the range 2.5 miles west of hwy 281 on Potash Highway. Come on out if you are in the Grand Island area.

Grand Island Rifle Club has a policy, all members have to be NRA members. I think we could possibly get them to amend that to also include NFOA membership. Some of their members are already NFOA members, so we have one foot in the door already.

If you know of, or are a member, of any other gun club, and having a hard time getting the members to sign up, let me know. I will contact their president and see if they will let me come and talk with them about the advantages the NFOA has to offer, being the largest gun rights group in Nebraska.

Many gun clubs have members who have heard of us, but not getting in contact with them, they choose to ignore what we can do together. Let's not let that happen.

LitlRat
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

A-FIXER

Re: Grand Island Rifle Club Meeting 11-3-09
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
Darn it Scott got tied up with work and kinda forgot about the meeting yes i'm a member of the club and go to I think the nov 20 meeting and will then sign up for the RO position coming open... and will mention the nfoa their as well.
A-FIXER

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »
I live in G.I.  Not an NRA member, but NFOA.  What are the dues for the GIRC?  Is that an indoor pistol range on site?
~1522~    In an effort to reduce the continuing fear surrounding the black magic of guns and black powder, a Bavarian necromancer states that rifles are more accurate than smoothbores because the spinning bullet doesn't allow a demon to gain purchase upon it.

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
35.00 A year and must be a NRA member is one of the requirements, but price goes down depending on the time remaining on the fiscal yr they prorate it , Nickels on a nice day I'll have to take you to shoot their and enjoy the range.... you can pm me most weekend good chance to meet up.
A-FIXER

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »
Tks for the offer, I appreciate it.  NRA membership is not in the cards right now or the near future, but if that is an indoor pistol range and NFOA membership will suffice as discussed above I could spend much time there in the winter.
~1522~    In an effort to reduce the continuing fear surrounding the black magic of guns and black powder, a Bavarian necromancer states that rifles are more accurate than smoothbores because the spinning bullet doesn't allow a demon to gain purchase upon it.

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »
Your welcome and, its heated so on those cold nights you warm....

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
Tks for the offer, I appreciate it.  NRA membership is not in the cards right now or the near future, but if that is an indoor pistol range and NFOA membership will suffice as discussed above I could spend much time there in the winter.

Not sure if this would qualify or not, but the price is right: http://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
20 nickles

If you check online you can join the NRA for $15.00 if you forgo the magazine subscription. I highly recommend it.

After you get signed up at the GI rifle club and you need a challenge you can drive on down to Hastings. At Four Rivers Sportsmens CLub we shoot action pistol on our 50yrd indoor heated range every other Friday night.  Open to the public for shooting events. Web site 4RSC.com

FLUFF

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »
20 nickles

If you check online you can join the NRA for $15.00 if you forgo the magazine subscription. I highly recommend it.

After you get signed up at the GI rifle club and you need a challenge you can drive on down to Hastings. At Four Rivers Sportsmens CLub we shoot action pistol on our 50yrd indoor heated range every other Friday night.  Open to the public for shooting events. Web site 4RSC.com

FLUFF

Tks for the NRA info. 
I've been to a few of your pistol shoots and plan on it again this winter.  Very nice facility.  Are they on your calendar?  I'll see if I can get Rich B. to go too.
Clinton.