< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Chambers Prairie Dog bill. Call your senators now!! Kill this  (Read 1553 times)

Offline v188

• NFOA Full Member
I think a lot of our members are Lincoln/Omaha area folks and might not have noticed this bill, but this ridiculous bill needs stopped. It'll impact your future hunting.   It's darned close to passing!! 

Ernie wants to strip Game and Parks from scientific analysis of species (prairie dogs) and pay the USDA (federal) APHIS to administer, read control, our animals.   This is stupid, we pay NE game parks folks for this.  Now we going to pay aphis to do political oversight of species of coyotes and other animals.  You guys need to call and tell your senators to kill this.  The Devils in the details.  Twice the cost, political deciding about species hunting, banning species, AND this can start adding controls on coyotes, etc.

Call and kill this quick.

Thanks.

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
Re: Chambers Prairie Dog bill. Call your senators now!! Kill this
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »
have a link to the bill or at least a bill number??

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »
LB 128
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »
If you are a member of the NFOA you can see the full thread we already have on this bill:
http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,13649.0.html

If you aren't a member of the NFOA and can't see this... Join the NFOA!
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:59:20 PM »
Its passing because it tramples on propert owners rights. A neighbor can have the county come in and destroy prairie dog towns if it moves to a neighbors land. I dont like the bill, but it most likely will pass.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
I left a message with mine and will keep calling to see how she's planning on voting.  Do you have any preliminary data on who's a "swing" vote or who's currently leaning "for" the bill who needs a talkin' to?
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 01:04:55 PM »
A neighbor can have the county come in and destroy prairie dog towns if it moves to a neighbors land. I dont like the bill, but it most likely will pass.

I will enthusiastically volunteer to help exterminate any problematic, spreading prairie dog towns.    :D  Problem fixed.  No tax dollars spent.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »
Sorry I am not understanding what is all going on with this bill. He is striking the Prairie Dogs from the Bill. So does this make it unlawful for individuals to hunt them?

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 02:40:35 PM »
From the Committee Statement of the bill:  It appears it is now saying that the director of agriculture has to cooperate with USDA-APHIS for control and management of predators.  This seems to me saying that the FEDS must approved any predator control.  I think this is Ernie's back door control of some hunting.

"81-2,236 authorizes the Director of Agriculture to cooperate with USDA-APHIS for control and management of
predators, rodents and other wildlife injurious to livestock, game and human health. The bill would strike express text
that authorizes the control of black-tailed prairie dogs."

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
If you are a member of the NFOA you can see the full thread we already have on this bill:
http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,13649.0.html

If you aren't a member of the NFOA and can't see this... Join the NFOA!

Still can't read it?

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »

Still can't read it?

Les

You are only a forum member. You need to be a full NFOA Full member.

You can do this several ways. One is clicking a link in a email when you registered for the site or i believe you need to post in your welcome thread started by Dan. If neither of these things work contact Dan W and he can get it worked out doing his FM. 

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 03:27:34 PM »

Still can't read it?

you are a forum member only.  you need to join the NFOA officially.  Dan W can help if you are having problems.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 04:04:11 PM »
From the Committee Statement of the bill:  It appears it is now saying that the director of agriculture has to cooperate with USDA-APHIS for control and management of predators.  This seems to me saying that the FEDS must approved any predator control.  I think this is Ernie's back door control of some hunting.

"81-2,236 authorizes the Director of Agriculture to cooperate with USDA-APHIS for control and management of
predators, rodents and other wildlife injurious to livestock, game and human health. The bill would strike express text
that authorizes the control of black-tailed prairie dogs."

So the real threat is the game and parts loosing the power to manage our wild life?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
I spoke shortly with Scott from the NSF about this bill.  As it is now he isn't too awful concerned with it, but in the bustle of yesterday, we didn't get to get into details.
As an organization, we keep an eye on these things, but let the NSF lead the fight.  We have asked Scott to fill us -you in on the details.  Stay tuned for that.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane