< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What shoots do you attend, and where?  (Read 5945 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
What shoots do you attend, and where?
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:22:08 PM »
I try to make the IDPA shoots at THE BULLET HOLE in La Vista. They have IDPA the first and third Tuesdays of the month and IPSC the other Tuesdays. Cost is 1 run for 5$, or 2 for 9$. Runs usually consist of 8 to 10 threat tgts, with a couple of no-shoots mixed in. Once in awhile they mix in a swinger or a target movin at you........ the skill level runs from beginner to scary good. The guys running it are helpful, so if you have questions, they have answers. If you just got your CHP, it is good beginner training.

I also like the Bowling Pin shoots Weeping Water Gun Club  puts on, though I only made it to 2 this year........... business has been good!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: What shoots do you attend, and where?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »
JimP,

Do you have a schedule for WWGC's bowling pin shoots? I have always wanted to attend one but as yet have not. Do you have to be a member to shoot?

I hate to admit it, but almost all of my shooting is done on my own with friends and family. I am very interested in getting into some organized shoots, but growing up on the farm and having a piece of land all to our own each weekend to practice however we feel like it tends to keep me down here. That way, only those close to me get to see how bad a shot I really am.  ;D I had a couple of Members come down and shoot with me and the wife and kids at our spot last weekend. It was a blast. Maybe as we gain Members, we could start organizing some Nebraska Firepower events, or even just have a meet and greet day with a cookout and some plinking?

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 10:41:23 PM »
I would be interested in information on the bowling pin shoots also. A while back a friend and I built our own tables and had our own bowling pin shoots, but after a while the tables got shot up and we ended up finishing them off with a few blasting sessions. ::)

Like Jay, I really only shoot with a few close friends and family.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 10:56:35 PM »
WWGC shoots are listed on their website .............. gimme a minute and I'll find it............
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 11:19:43 PM »
Got it. weepingwatergunclub.com  -> go to Disciplines on the left side of the page, click Bowling Pin for an explanation of hw they are playing the game.  See match schedule for dates/times. They are done for the year.  contacts are Kieth Darnell 402-332-4215 and Glenn Williams at 712-642-3122.

Better yet, check nebraskapinshooters.tripod.com They list the matches at WWGC and Lincoln Ikes............. both appear to be done for the year ................

Guess we'll have to hold our own matches............ I have pins!

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Pics of some of my kids........
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 09:50:13 AM »
at a pin shoot at WWGC. I'm not sure how to post them here....

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Lets try this....
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:54:14 AM »

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Pinkids pics
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:57:14 AM »
These are a couple of years old, but they are still great......... ;D

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:35:58 AM »
Here you go:

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »
Thanks for the info and pics! Great to see the kids getting involved.

Links to Weeping Water Gun Club and Nebraska Pin Shooters have been added to our link page.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 08:45:32 PM »
Being that I am almost in Iowa and almost in South Dakota  local shoots I make the IPSC matches in Sioux Falls, SD  A group of IDPA shooters is starting in Akron, IA.

The NE State Submachinegun match will happen again this year in June.

Once in a while I am in Omaha on the right night for the Bullet Hole indoor matches.

Once or twice a year there will be a 3gun match in North Platte area or Scottsbluff club.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:49:36 PM by David Hineline »
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Chad McCumbers

• NFOA Full Member
    • The Gun Shop
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 04:49:49 PM »
I shoot at matches at Camp Guernsey, the Bluff Shooters Range, and KCR matches.

I sponsor and run the Nebraska State Subgun Match.

I shoot for recreation at Camp Guernsy, Bluffs Shooters, Morrill PD range, and my range.

I attend shoots at KCR, Casper, and other national events, sometimes with line space

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
Here are the 2008 Weeping Water Gun Club shooting match dates for Bowling pins, 3 gun and "action pistol".

April 13  bowling pin
May 3     3 gun
May 18    action
May 31    bowling pin
Jun 7     3 gun
Jun 28    bowling pin
Aug 2     3 gun
Aug 10    bowling pin
Aug 16    action
Aug 30    bowling pin
Sep 6     3 gun
Sep 14    action
Sep 27    bowling pin
Oct 5     3 gun
Oct 19    action

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »
Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters

www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com

USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association) Action pistol matches held the 1st Sunday of every month.

Every 3rd Sunday of the month they alternate between "Steel Challenge" and "USPSA 3-Gun" matches.

These matches are by far the most organized and safe matches I've been too.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 05:49:35 PM »
Rock Your Glock Pistol Matches @ the Lincoln Izaak Walton Range

http://rockyourglock.tripod.com

Don't let the name steer you away if you don't own a plastic pistol, we welcome all brands of centerfire semi-auto pistols, as well as a revolver class.

These matches are based off of the GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) National matches. These matches are good for all shooters from newbie to master. There is no drawing from the holster or shooting on the move, so this match is less intimidating than USPSA type shooting.

We typically have 4 matches per year:

Sign up starts at 7:30am, first shooters start around 8 am. You can show up to sign up and shoot any time before 12 noon.

Saturday May 10th, 2008
Saturday June 14th, 2008
Saturday July 12th, 2008
Saturday August 9th, 2008

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »
Thanks for the info, Chris! What are the min. age requirements for those matches? I have a tribe of new shooters......

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 08:56:27 PM »
No age minimums that I know of, just must be old enough to safely handle a handgun. My 10 year old has started shooting the USPSA matches this year, which are probably the most complicated pistol matches there are in my opinion.

Offline Tom B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »
Evening guys,
These are the 2009 dates for WWGC pistol matches.  Bowling Pin: 19 Apr, 7 Jun, 27 Jun, 12 Jul, 9 Aug, 26 Sep.   Action Pistol:  25 Apr, 17 May, 13 Jun,23 Aug, 13 Sep, 17 Oct.
3-gun (Pistol {steel plates}, shotgun{poppers}, rifle {bowling pins@200 yds}
2 May, 30 May, 1 Aug, 5 Sep, 10 Oct.
Confirm dates at www.weepingwatergunclub.com     
Tom B

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »
Where is Weeping Water Gun Club?  I go to their website, but I don't see an address; maybe I am missing it on the page.  How far from Lincoln?

Thanks!
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »
Aldo- It actually wouldn't be much to far for you. Down Hwy 34 about 20 minutes to Hwy 50, then North on Hwy 50 another 5-7 minutes, then just outside the town of Weeping Water