< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: questions about current election Apr. 7  (Read 3073 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
questions about current election Apr. 7
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:06:24 AM »
I'm filling out my absentee ballot and would like some information from someone who knows the candidates better than I do.  The mayor's race is obvious.  But how about these:

For city council:
Patte Newman
Jon A. Camp
Write-in 

For Airport Authority:
Jim Lauerman
John L Hoppe Jr.
Tai R. Pleasant
Brad Hulse
Write-in
(vote for two)
Airport Authority might not seem to affect us but these offices can be a springboard to others, so are any of these preferable to the others?

Board of Education (I think these can be very important to our future given what schools are doing these days):
Katie McLeese Stephenson
Matt Schulte
Write-in

I urge every one of our members to vote, and remember: friends don't let friends vote liberal.  Remind every patriot you know to get out and vote, and go round them up and drive them to the polls if you have to. 

Edit: I forgot to add that this is for Lincoln
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:08:54 AM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: questions about current election Apr. 7
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
Camp, Lauerman, Hoppe, Schulte were my votes
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:33:28 PM »
My wife and I are doing the same.

Dan, why those candidates?

The mayor is already decided to me, just look in my yard.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »
NeBull has been talking to several of the city council candidates for the PAF, perhaps he can tell a bit about those he knows.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »
Matt Shulte was a Mike Johanns org treasurer and is pretty conservative fiscally and has a lot of experience working with kids.
http://www.voteschulte.com/

Jon Camp has been a conservative stalwart on the city council for years.

Jim Lauerman is a Republican and a pilot, as well as a very successful former CEO of Bailey Lauerman Marketing and Communications
http://journalstar.com/news/local/lincoln-airport-authority---jim-lauerman/article_bf62a45e-7619-54f6-8c9f-beed49d58ca0.html

John Hoppe is another Johanns appointee that has been very good over his years on the board since 1998
http://www.lincolnairport.com/business-information/airport-board-senior-staff/
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:40:56 AM »
Well, I'm rooting for Andy Stebbing for Mayor, for sure.  Especially when I point blank asked him if he would support LB289 and he, publicly (FB) , gave me the answer- YES! Between the NFOA breakfast and several conversations with Andy, I do believe he will break the status quo in city hall.  When I gave him our list of grievances with Lincoln "weapons" ordinances, he was quite taken aback by it all. 

I have spoke with Cyndi Lamm (NE district) and a group of us NFOA members sat down to breakfast with her last month.   Conservative-ish Republican (I only say 'ish' as she has shown she might be interested in compromise- which might be both good and bad. ? )  Attorney with a well rounded background.  I was impressed that she sought out our guys at the Lincoln Gun Show.   When I presented our list of grievances, she was also quite surprised. She already has a short list of items she would tackle on behalf of gun owners.

Mairead Safranek. (NW District) We have spoke thru messaging a few times.  When I asked where she stood on guns, she answered that she supported gun ownership and had just applied for her CHP-  Well, I figure that's a start.  She's conservative, knows how to run a campaign, has been in the political circles since she was a child.  She's young, recently out of college.  It might hurt her chances, but I for one am not happy with the same old thing in Lincoln. Maybe some fresh eyes and ideas would do it some good. She hasn't really gave me a opinions on our list of issues with Lincoln laws- it might have been alot to take in.  I will corner her a bit more at breakfast this Saturday- or better yet, come on out and ask the hard questions yourself.  ( April 4th 9am Perkins on NW 12th)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:02 AM »
Mairead Safranek. (NW District) We have spoke thru messaging a few times.  When I asked where she stood on guns, she answered that she supported gun ownership and had just applied for her CHP-  Well, I figure that's a start.  She's conservative, knows how to run a campaign, has been in the political circles since she was a child.  She's young, recently out of college.  It might hurt her chances, but I for one am not happy with the same old thing in Lincoln. Maybe some fresh eyes and ideas would do it some good. She hasn't really gave me a opinions on our list of issues with Lincoln laws- it might have been alot to take in.  I will corner her a bit more at breakfast this Saturday- or better yet, come on out and ask the hard questions yourself.  ( April 4th 9am Perkins on NW 12th)

I want to reiterate this one, this is a major factor in the abilities the NFOA and the NFOA-PAF has.  We don't throw around hundreds of thousands of dollars like some of our local unions, what we do is get you and the candidates together so you can inform them of your needs.  The chance to educate your soon to be elected political leaders, and find comfort in them so you will not only support them with a vote but some assistance in getting elected (got a place for a yard sign, maybe you can help deliver signs, or speak with your neighbors).

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
Thank you everyone for the replies.  Very helpful and informative.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 08:10:36 AM »
I'd like to thank everyone too.  I put my ballot in the mail today. 

Let me remind everyone once again: make sure any friends and relatives and coworkers you have who are patriots get out and vote (if they're not patriots it's ok if they don't vote).  A lot of people don't vote in local elections, so those that do have a greater voice.  Help our voice be the one that carries this election, so we can have a government made up of loyal Americans. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline rudy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 10:16:21 AM »
Thank you to everyone for the information.

Just a friendly reminder: get out and vote today!

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 10:45:03 AM »
I voted. Did you?
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 05:07:28 PM »
......and done
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 09:13:46 PM »
Wife and I both went this afternoon.
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 11:33:07 PM »
 OK, so who won, Im near Omaha and don't get Lincoln stations
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member

Offline rudy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 07:36:45 AM »
Just another friendly reminder: get out and vote today!

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 08:55:30 AM »
Yup the preliminaries are over. Today is the real thing, Lincoln. GO VOTE!

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 02:05:42 PM »
For future reference http://www.voterinformation.org/ is good for information on the local, state and national elections. They contact the candidates and question them on their stance on multiple issues. Non-partisan as well.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »
Wish I could.  If it wasn't for that pesky "3 mile limit" thing.  lol