< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Presidential candidates and guns?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Presidential candidates and guns?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
Thanks for posting that, farmer.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 07:39:03 AM »
Ben Carson, at one point about a year to a year and a half ago, said (paraphrasing) there is no reason to have guns in the inner city.  believes guns in the city are bad because of the crime.  Since then he has publicly stated things differently.  I for one think his stance on the second amendment is shaky at best.
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 08:33:34 AM »
Ben Carson, at one point about a year to a year and a half ago, said (paraphrasing) there is no reason to have guns in the inner city.  believes guns in the city are bad because of the crime.  Since then he has publicly stated things differently.  I for one think his stance on the second amendment is shaky at best.

He'd probably by ok for Surgeon General, but may have even fewer qualifications than the current POTUS.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
He'd probably by ok for Surgeon General, but may have even fewer qualifications than the current POTUS.
I think Carson could make an excellent Surgeon General, and I'd like to see how he does in a position like that before considering him more seriously for higher office.  But as far as qualifications go, even the Ebola virus is more qualified to be President than the guy in there now.

I'm willing the give Ben Carson the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe his earlier statements supporting civilian disarmament were based in ignorance, since if a person does not seek out the truth all he hears is the lies coming from liberal media, but once he's had the truth explained to him he's smart enough and enough of a patriot that he now opposes illegal gun control schemes.  That's a big assumption, but if he's been willing to stand up to the lies of liberalism in other ways it seems likely that he would in this way too, though maybe not.  I'd much rather have a candidate with a proven record, who has never made the kind of stupid statement Carson made, but given the right choices presented to us, it's possible that he might end up being the best one.   
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 09:15:33 AM »
I personally don't know anything about Carly Fiorina, she may be the best one to take on Hillary, if the country thinks it needs a female president. Of course,  you gotta love a woman that has a Glock!!

How much dirt is too much on Hillary? WOW!!! She's like the energizer bunny, she just keeps on running and running.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:54:30 AM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 10:30:32 AM »
I think Ben Carson would be our best candidate for preserving the Constitution. He is the only one that has shown intelligence AND integrity. His inner city comment was just fear talking.  He fully understands that the reason for arms is to defend liberty. Being a nonpolitician, he isn't part of the system working against the people to maintain power, which will make it very difficult for him to win.  It would really be something to elect a black President that wasn't the result of affirmative action. (Content of his character, not color of his skin.)