< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Carry with a herniated disc  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Carry with a herniated disc
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
I think some of it depends on how tight you wear a belt.  Not only do you need a quality belt, but it needs to be snug.

Seems logical. :D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 06:53:21 PM »
After 3 days of successfully carrying 6-10hrs a day or so with the suspenders, I'm taking a few days off.  (Also, I've noted how much lint has acquired on my pistol.  Will be giving it a good cleaning this weekend heh.)

That side of my hip or back hurts (I dunno which).  Either getting used to carry again with something pressing against the flesh on that side, or it has begun to cause problems with the herniated disc.  Or maybe just slept wrong (been stressed). Hard to tell which.  I'm not reaching for pain meds ... so... that's good.

Early next week, I'll look into weak/support hand side carry for a bit just to give feedback / opinion.

Quote from: lmbass14
My mom had Kypoplasty done, worked wonders, don't know if that would work on herniated disc though.

Kyphoplasty looks to be for crushed / fractured / degenerated vertebrae.  My problem is a disc issue (a crack/tear in it causing fluid to press into nerve cavity).

Quote from: depserv
One suggestion: I use a SmartCarry holster when it's too hot out to wear a jacket or vest.  Would that kind of holster help maybe?

Also for others that have suggested appendix carry.

I carry a Sig P229.  A full size / frame pistol.  It's not 1911 Match big, but still.  Dunno how appropriate appendix carry might be.  I'll do some fiddling with the firearm unloaded to see if it's just physically / dimensionally possible.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »
By the way, you win 100 internets for the Army of Darkness shirt.