< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NE CCW class  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
NE CCW class
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
    I'm looking for a Nebraska CCW class geared toward staying out of legal trouble while carrying rather than on fighting off an assailant. At least at this time, I don't have a pressing need to carry routinely. It will mostly be a convenience to reduce red tape while going between Omaha and the Council Bluffs Rifle & Pistol Club range east of Crescent. Since I will be going into Iowa, I should know about their laws, too. I may be able to talk my wife into getting a permit for herself. In that happens, we should find an instructor who avoids rough language. It doesn't offend me but would make her uncomfortable.

I recognize a few names in the CHP/CCW Course List but don't know how well their course offerings and teaching style meet my goals.
    • Signal88 gets a lot of publicity and has a facility in northwest Omaha. That would be the closest to me.
    • Safety First Training Systems (SemperFiGuy) is also in Omaha.
    • Rod Moeller's web site lists CCW classes.
    • Precision Response Training (jthapkido) is located in Plattsmouth which isn't too far to drive.
    • I've heard a lot about Chris Zeeb but would rather not go as far as Lincoln if there is a suitable instructor closer to Omaha.
    • The Bullet Hole offers CCW classes but doesn't name their instructors.
    I would appreciate recommendations including names of others I haven't mentioned.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: NE CCW class
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:47:32 PM »
I have taken some sort of class or seminar from
SemperFiGuy
Precision Response Training
Chris Zeeb

I would not to hesitate to recommend them. 
A  CCW class should spend no time in teaching you fight off an attacker.  They want to make sure you know when you can use deadly force and pass the (extremely easy) shooting qualification.

This is not a slight to the other 3 mentioned, just my lack of personal experience with them.

Offline MartyB

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »
I'm sure a lot of the other guys are good too, but Chris Zeeb's class was the one I attended.  I recommend his class to all of my friends without hesitation.

By the way, I live and work in Omaha.  At 75 mph, Lincoln is almost a suburb.

If you spend any time in Minnesota at all, reciprocity with Utah will allow you to carry there.  Chris has a combo NE/UT class that you can knock out in one day.

Good Luck!
Marty

NFOA Member, NE CHP Holder, GSSF Member, NRA Life Member, Glock Certified Armorer

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:51:10 PM »
I have a class coming up May 9th in Lincoln. Yes a bit of a drive, but it will be worth your time!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »
I have a class coming up May 9th in Lincoln. Yes a bit of a drive, but it will be worth your time!

And I've got on one May 30th in Plattsmouth.  :) 

http://precisionresponse.4t.com/Schedule.html

...but if you can't make mine, or want the Utah class also, Chris does an excellent job of teaching the CCW class.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:18:35 PM »
I have taken the Utah only class from Chris Zeeb and other shooting related classes from Precision Response Training.

Both are highly recommended.

I have ne experience with classes from the other ones listed.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
First, Signal 88 and 88 Tactical are two different companies.  88 Tactical is the one you're looking for.  Most of their adult curriculum is focused on fighting.  They also offer tactical medicine and survival classes but I'm not sure there's anything on their course list that delivers what you're looking for.  Perhaps one of their cadre, active on this forum, will correct me.

I've seen an abbreviated version of Chris' Legal Aspects class and I would highly recommend it.  Chris knows that, if there is demand for his non-range courses in Omaha, he has a place to hold them.

I've also worked closely with Ken (SempreFiGuy) but I'm not sure if he offers a class similar to Chris' Legal Aspects class.  Like Chris, Ken knows that there is a non-range training facility available to him in southwest Omaha.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:51:48 AM by Mudinyeri »

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »
I've registered for Chris' next CHP class. SemperFiGuy has a class in Papillion next Saturday but it conflicts with a Council Bluffs club match I promised to work.

Thanks for everyone's advice.