< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: lb958 Hearing  (Read 1915 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
lb958 Hearing
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
I went today, but did not speak (voice is shot). Gunscribe, ct1catfish, cmzneb all spoke. The NRA Hired Gun got swatted around by Ernie, who was his usual eloquent, narcisistic self. Gunscribe played on that, expertly. The sense I got was the Legislators desperately want to do SOMETHING about "gun violence", whether it will work or not.  If gun owners are inconvenienced,  that is of small concern (and makes some of them- Chambers and Schimek, surely- giggle with glee) to them. As at the LR 178 hearing, Sen. McGill didn't say a word.................. Chambers took up a smidge less than 1/2  the 2 1/2 hours I was there.

As cmzneb pointed out, the only really dangerous part of this otherwise basic emotional waste of time was the "gun violence"  panel stacked with anti-gun folks.......... seems  to me that bad laws could get passed faster with a blessing from sucha "Blue Ribbon Panel".

................ Maybe that's the point of the whole excercise.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: lb958 Hearing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »
I am very disappointed that I was unable to make it this time, this has not been a good week for me.

Jim, was the NRA rep the same guy that spoke at the interim hearing we attended?

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »
He looked familiar.......... his last name was Austin, if I heard it right.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Kim

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »
I believe that "Austin" was the same guy as last time.....to bad the NRA can not send someone a little more versed and influential to help us out on our cause. I would have thought that "Austin" would have learned after the last hearing.

BTW Jim, I saw you on the news. Now your a "star"  ;D

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »
Jordan Austin I believe is his name.

It is pretty difficult no matter who you are, if you represent the NRA and have to speak in front of Senator Chambers, he will beat you down. Sen Chambers is no fan of the NRA.