< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Shooting at Big Shots ??  (Read 2699 times)

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Shooting at Big Shots ??
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 09:46:56 PM »
Guess the person didn't make it.   That wasn't clear from the initial story but here is the update.   

http://journalstar.com/news/local/911/police-lincoln-man-who-shot-himself-at-shooting-range-rented/article_f4fd941a-33d2-5118-a9b0-e732f0fb6d1d.html

Of course the local pathetic excuse for a newspaper thought that a good person to interview would be a UNL English Department Not-Quite-Professor. ::) (Because, of course, where else would you go for a quote from an "expert" than the one place on campus populated by people averse to statistics, history, economics, law or any other serious field of study.)
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 10:39:49 PM »
never let a disaster go to waste.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 08:57:20 AM »
Anyone wanna help research to write a op ed rebuttal? I was thinking along the lines of the numbers of different tools used on suicide/ attempted.  The tool used is less an issue than the circumstances that brought them to the dark place.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »
The Urinal Star did not seek out Amanda, she would have sent a press release to them and all the reporter did was chop that release up possibly call for some updated quotes after the death of young Mr. Thompson and there being a statement released by Big Shots and the LPD.  Doing a rebuttal, odds are it will not get published and it is just a childish game of one-up-man-ship.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
^ yeah, I know, just teed off.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane