< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sneaky Pete holsters  (Read 1815 times)

Offline revaddict

• Forum Member
Sneaky Pete holsters
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:16:21 PM »
I'm seriously looking at getting a Sneaky Pete holster for my Kel Tec PF-9.  With the warmer weather, it's harder to wear a coat or jacket to cover my regular belt holster.

The only concern I have about a Sneaky Pete--and I know others have wondered about this too--is whether the logo on the outside is a dead giveaway that you are carrying.

Do any of you know if it's possible/easy to remove that logo?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: Sneaky Pete holsters
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:24:19 PM »
I'm not sure how you would remove it, it is stamped into the leather.  You may be able to wet that portion if it's not sealed well and stamp it flat, but it would probably look worse and stand out more than the maker's mark itself.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »
The only people who would know you were carrying are other gun people. 

99.99999999% of the non - gun population are to busy with their phone to give a rats a$$ about situation awareness, God forbid they miss that text.  And using a SP is like that big NEON sign over your head when you first carried.

Greybeard has one I do believe, I'm sure he'll chime in.

Just my .02.

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »
Bad guys would probably try to steal it from you thinking it held an Ipad  ;D

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »
Yes. It will look like you're carrying either a gun or a medium-sized tablet.

A Sneaky Pete announces to part of the world, "I'm carrying a gun," and announces to the other part, "I've lost all interest and/or hope in mating with the opposite sex." 
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »
I have two of their holsters, a leather covered that has the SP stamped on it and the black fabric one that I wear with my regular clothing. I wear it everywhere I go and the only people who have said anything to me have been gun people (about 3 to be exact). I wear it on the Air Force Base where carry is prohibited, in the Post Office, in the medical clinics, everywhere and not once has anyone ever challenged me. I am not a big man, 5' 5" tall, so I guess folks think it is for a small tablet.
WØCHF

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 07:24:37 PM »
I have two of their holsters, a leather covered that has the SP stamped on it and the black fabric one that I wear with my regular clothing. I wear it everywhere I go and the only people who have said anything to me have been gun people (about 3 to be exact). I wear it on the Air Force Base where carry is prohibited, in the Post Office, in the medical clinics, everywhere and not once has anyone ever challenged me. I am not a big man, 5' 5" tall, so I guess folks think it is for a small tablet.
Wait...what?  Are you saying you carry on base, or just wear the holster?

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 09:05:45 PM »
I just wear the holster everywhere I go. I remove my Glock 27 when I i have to go somewhere that possession of a firearm is prohibited. So far no one has challenged me for wearing the holster anywhere that I have gone.
WØCHF