< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Would-be Carjacker Thwarted by Gun Owner - Atlanta, GA  (Read 635 times)

Offline aceflyer

• Lead Benefactor
Would-be Carjacker Thwarted by Gun Owner - Atlanta, GA
« on: May 23, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »
Best line of the whole video..."You thought I was your friend, so you woke up stupid this mornin..."   8)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/05/22/dnt-carjacking-suspect-held-at-gunpoint.wsb

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Would-be Carjacker Thwarted by Gun Owner - Atlanta, GA
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »
A few things I REALLY like about this story...

A) It was reported by CNN and seemed to be fairly pro CCW (or at least not overtly anti)

B) It was an African American man.  We NEED everyone (all genders, races, cultures, etc.) in this country to recognize the importance and to embrace our rights...ALL of our rights.

C) The man's name indicates he might be Islamic.  Our war is not against the Islamic state, just the extremists.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:54:55 PM »
"You thought I was your friend? You thought I was your friend... So, you woke up stupid this morning."

That's serious the best holding-baddie-at-gunpoint line in the history of mankind.  Even better than "Do you feel lucky, punk?" or anything else Hollywood has ever come up with.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline aceflyer

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »
It goes to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that an armed society is a polite society.  See how polite the baddie became?  He wanted to be his friend now.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 11:03:07 PM »
What impressed me most was the behavior of the two police officers. They congratulated him instead of having hysterics because he was armed.