< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Conceled carrying to NE question  (Read 5436 times)

Offline midwestbound?

• Forum Member
Re: Conceled carrying to NE question
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »
That's terrible... It is beginning to sound a little like down here in Jackson. Someone is shot there almost every night. The city tried to come out with real restrictive gun laws, which did nothing. Working class folks live in outlying towns, and cops and residents "vigorously deter" any criminal element that tries to venture in thanks to a combination of generous carry rules (can carry in purse or briefcase with no CCW), castle doctrine and stand your ground laws.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 07:24:51 PM »
it ranks you guys 35, and says the law is preemptive of local ordinance.

Yes, Valid CHP's, both instate and non resident ( on  the reciprocity list ) are protected from local ordinances that attempt to control possession, transportation, ownership and registration more than state law. Non CHP's are not protected, but we are working to change that and can use all the help we can find
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline midwestbound?

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 07:47:06 AM »
Non CHP's are not protected, but we are working to change that and can use all the help we can find

Yes, I would definitely help out because if I had just stopped my research at the NSP website I could have easily placed my firearm in the trunk per their guidance so I could at least have it for protection in the hotel and headed to Omaha on a vacation and I would have unwittingly become a criminal. Also if a get a job up there my father would be subject to the same fate since he carries.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 09:24:04 AM »
Well that's good at least, then maybe she would be receptive to a letter, of course I wouldn't be telling them anything they don't already know. Why are the laws the way they are? Do the cities have really bad crime, run by more liberal politicians? is the general poopulation just scared of guns? Thanks Mali.
Most, not all, of the violent crime in Omaha is centered around the lower income areas of the city, specifically north and south Omaha. There have been incidents out west, but not to the degree that it occurs in those areas.  Why are our laws the way they are?  Not sure I can answer that.  One things that weighs in would be that we had a lot of people relocating to Omaha from California because of jobs and cost of living and they brought their insane driving and liberal attitude to this midwest town. Tie that with the fact that the metro area is nearing 1M people and we are starting to get the attitudes that come with a larger community where people just don't care and you can see how this can go wrong quickly.

I am a fairly new gun owner but I think one of the other problems is that gun owners are not an out spoken bunch.  This is changing and I have more hope for the future of our rights than I did when I bought my first handgun. It always seemed like being a gun owner was something you kept quiet about so people didn't mock you and I didn't hear of many people that were willing to say "Yes, I have guns ,I love shooting them and I am not afraid to tell you that I am this way." 

However, I think things are changing and people are more willing to say they have firearms and talk about them. Especially since so many people are becoming curious about them now.

Does it change that we have problems with violent crime in the two largest cities in the state?  No, but it at least means that these times they are a changing. Thanks to people like members of the NFOA who are willing to stand up for the rights of those who quietly hope.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline midwestbound?

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 09:54:19 AM »
Well, one application got tossed out, but I got an interview for the other and they want to do it by phone so it looks like I won't have to worry about toteing a gun in NE till I'm a resident with any luck. We have been trying to learn more about the area just in case I get the nod. My wife was looking at the Crete area what can you guys tell me about it? Are there any areas we ought to steer clear of?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »
Crete is a nice little college town, close enough to Lincoln to take advantage of all a city brings but far enough away that it's major problems stay away.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 10:51:52 PM »
You could also look at...

Seward west of Lincoln.  About the same size as Crete (8,000). 

Waverly which is northeast of Lincoln and about half the size of Crete and Seward.

Bennet southeast of Lincoln.  Population 790.  A plus for Bennet is that is close to the Lincoln Izaak Walton Range.

Sprague south of Lincoln.  Population 140.

Roca south of Lincoln.  Population 240.

Eagle east of Lincoln.  Population 1,000.

Hickman south of Lincoln.  Population 1,900.

Malcolm northwest of Lincoln.  Population 390.

Denton northwest of Lincoln.  Population 193.

Depends on what you are looking for.  There are others, but that gives you an idea.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum