< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska City NE CCW Ordinance  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Nebraska City NE CCW Ordinance
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:12:47 PM »
Can someone point me to an online reference that has the Nebraska City Ordinance against concealed carry?

Thanks!

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Nebraska City NE CCW Ordinance
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
None of NE City's ordinances are online. Last year after I got my permit, I called the city office just to double check if they had any local laws against concealed carry before I traveled there. That is how I learned about their ordinance. The clerk mailed me a copy of it, if I still have it I will scan it and post it here for you.

I would love to make another run at getting it changed, but it is going to take a lot of local support. When I spoke before the board there last year, except for a brief statement by one resident, it pretty much seemed like it was me against the world there. The police chief was EXTREMELY vocal about his thoughts, and the people in attendance, including all but one single board member, seemed to side with him.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
I would like to help out in Nebraska City, as I do go there from time to time. When was it that you went before their board/council? If a little time has passed, maybe we can get together and make a run at it.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »
I'd be happy to try it again. I don't remember exactly, but it was late last summer I believe when we approached the board.

I can't find our copy of the ordinance right now. I'll keep looking, bet I think we're going to have to call and get them to send us another copy.

We need to get some local support there. We do have one NF member from Nebraska City. I will contact him and see if he can round us up some backers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:33:45 PM by Jay »

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
Who was the City Council member that wasn't against you? Mr. Tilson's guidance was instrumental in getting the Plattsmouth presentation right.....................
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 09:21:04 AM »
I hope to meet with the board member next week and see if will assist us in our efforts.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »
Jay-

Let me know if I can assist.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »
Thanks, I will definitely be taking you up on your offer to help. Now that we have been through the Plattsmouth system, we have a better strategy to approach this with.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
Ok, we are getting close to making a run at this. We have some support from at least a few Nebraska City residents, and they told me they were sure they could round up some more backers. Stay tuned for more information and probably some private e-mails as we get ourselves organized and begin to set out our strategy. I can tell you from experience that the city council is going to be a tough crowd so we need to make sure we have dotted all of our i's and crossed all of our t's before we proceed.

Offline Dale R.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
Hey guys,
Sorry I am late getting here.
How did this go down?
I'd like to help with this issue and know most of the LEO's and a lot of NC residents.
I also am interested reciprocity for Iowa & Nebraska.
DR

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »
Dale R.,

I just sent you a PM.

Thanks!