< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Rifle shooting options  (Read 781 times)

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
Rifle shooting options
« on: July 23, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »
Hi guys,

My Dad recently moved to Ashland, and I foresee us wanting to do some shooting.  I've got a like-new 10/22 that I need to break in, and I'd really like to spend some more time with 06. 

Is there anywhere around Lincoln/Ashland we can shoot long(ish) ranges?  I've considered an Ike's membership but I really don't know anything about the club.

Kind of dovetailing with this, does anyone need some deer harvested?  We are kicking around a deer hunt before, as Dad says "I'm too old to do it."

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Rifle shooting options
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 04:24:46 PM »
Ikes is  good range. The 100 yard range is open whenever there's not a match/event happening on it. However, if your looking for intermediate range for rifle, their 300 yard range is only open during very small windows of time during the week. They require a specially trained person be present when it is open.

Have you looked at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club near Lewisville? ENGC has some good rifle ranges and I wouldn't think the drive from Ashland would be much worse for you.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »
I remember awhile back Lincoln Ikes had a class to train RSOs so the 300 yard range could be open more often.  I couldn't make it so I don't know how it worked out for them.  Might be a good idea for them to do it again, and after awhile there might be enough around that it can be open more often.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:19 AM »
Weeping water is close by, but believe they only accept new members once a year.

Link for Ikes calendar and web page,   http://lincolnikes.com/calendar.php

http://www.weepingwatergunclub.com/index.html
D.R

Offline docwithaglock

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
ENGC has  600,  200 and  100 yd rifle range open daily from sun up to sun down.  Only a few miles east of Louisville.  also 5 pistol ranges and a trap range.  Look up on the interweb.  Worth every penny to belong. ;D
Glock Ego Fedis Deo et Patriae