< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: FEDS CHARGE 3 MEN ACCUSED OF PREPPING FOR MARTIAL LAW  (Read 664 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
FEDS CHARGE 3 MEN ACCUSED OF PREPPING FOR MARTIAL LAW
« on: August 03, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »
"FEDS CHARGE 3 MEN ACCUSED OF PREPPING FOR MARTIAL LAW"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONSPIRACY_ARRESTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-03-16-34-13

Kind of a bogus headline...  I hope.

There's some "stockpiling" (I don't think that's a problem ?) ...

But, the real meat and potatoes is stawman purchasing and a "conspiracy" charge... as far as I can tell.

Certain types of things that go boom prolly have some kind of local laws - not necessarily a federal thing.

Buuuuuuttttt... the headline and tone of the slanted article is disturbing none the less.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
Re: FEDS CHARGE 3 MEN ACCUSED OF PREPPING FOR MARTIAL LAW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:08:08 PM »
The big thing is the explosives.  Idiots for talking about it.  Planning a straw purchase isn't the same as doing it but I suppose it falls into the conspiracy bit.

I don't understand the "stockpiling" though.  Who defines stockpiling and how is it different from collecting or just storing.

Also sound a bit nutsy, too.

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:00:23 PM »
 looks more like a bust to get headlines, to show they are getting bad guys,   and how much ammo is stockpiling?

honest I shot all the ammo I had, damn scalpers are buying up all the 22 and I can find  ammo for my lever actions,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 06:32:10 AM »
Typical media sensationalism.  A guy gets busted for meth production and the cops confiscate a .22, a 12 gauge, and a Hi Point, and the media headline reads "MAN ARRESTED, ARSENAL SEIZED".

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »
The big charge is they were trying to make explosives (black powder, as well as a type of home made plastic explosives) and were converting dummy practice grenades to active as well as building pipe bombs.  All things that are highly regulated and require a license.