< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Mandatory State Permit Expiration Notification  (Read 5030 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Mandatory State Permit Expiration Notification
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »
Won't work here in NE because of the renewal requirements for being fingerprinted and photographed again for the renewal permit

I am aware of that .... which is really kind of unwarranted and 1) they know you criminal background i.e. resubmit your fingerprints and 2) send them an update pic in the same manner as UT .....

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 01:51:00 PM »
That is an interesting thought/opinion.  Wonder how that came up?
There is a requirement for approved training with the last 3 years to apply (section 022.02d) and there is language that allows a renewal at 5 years, but nothing I know of that waives the training requirement besides an administrative decision by NSP to allow renewal without a current training certificate.

I have concluded that what NSP gives , NSP can take away.

If am wrong, which is certainly possible, I would love to have an official policy statement backed up by statute citation
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »
" .....but nothing I know of that waives the training requirement besides an administrative decision by NSP to allow renewal without a current training certificate.

Hmmmm  ....   I think I can kind of see where you (and others(?)) are going with this train of thought .....  I would contend along that same line of thinking that yes .. nothing noted waiving, however, there is NO requirement in statute either at second renewal and beyond .....   In the end, it is rather poorly written and causes great minds like ours to suffer tremendous headaches ....   

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 04:17:32 PM »
I would contend along that same line of thinking that yes .. nothing noted waiving, however, there is NO requirement in statute either at second renewal and beyond ....

But, The Concealed Handgun Act gives the Nebraska State Patrol power to make rules and regulations for administration of the law. (I don't have time to cite the statute right now)
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:48 PM »
Yep ... that's right ... and that's scary ..... interestinv subtopic

Offline TwoSwords

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 09:01:46 PM »
On the other hand, someone stated in class, NE will notify of every other expiration for DL, pet license etc.

My take is "They" don't want you to have the permit.

Kansas mails you the application in the mail 4 months in advance.

Free Class if you bring your expired permit to class. 7/25 Class only if I'm not full.  But email me at ouremail (at) hotmail.com  FIRST.

http://twoswordstraining.com/events/07252015/
http://www.neccw.com

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
These are the kinds of problems that arise from having to get a license to exercise a Constitutional right.  That's the root of the problem, and that's what we should be trying to change.  Government does not have the legal authority to stop law-abiding citizens from bearing arms, concealed or otherwise; government officials who break the law by infringing on our rights are criminals, and should be in jail.  When did this nation decide that those in government are above the law?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline TwoSwords

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 11:20:23 PM »
My Kansas renewal application came in the mail 5 months in advance.  Other states DO notify.  Just FYI.