< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ProAm Steel Competition - August 30, 2015 @ ENGC  (Read 878 times)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
ProAm Steel Competition - August 30, 2015 @ ENGC
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:22:36 PM »
The time has come for the next Pro Am match at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club! This match is very similar to a USPSA Action Pistol match but you have a par time (and only the best shooters will have a chance of actually finishing a stage within the time limit) and all the targets are steel! Steel must fall to score and whoever knocks down the most steel targets in the match wins!

Ties are broken by the timed tie-breaker stage. Unlike the other stages, this one has no time limit and whoever finishes the stage fastest will win ties with competitors who have knocked down the same number of steel targets in the match.

All competitors are limited to 10 rounds in a magazine (+1 in the chamber on a loaded start). This means that your ability to reload (and your choice of when to reload) becomes extremely important!

This match is very fast paced and shooting steel is always a blast!

We have a strict attendance policy. If you are not in line to register and pay by 8:30AM, you will not be allowed to shoot!

Online Pre-Registration: https://clubs.practiscore.com/enps-august-pro-am-style-match/register
Please note that you must show up prior to 8:30AM to pay and sign in with match staff even if you pre-register!

Match Fee: $15.

Schedule Is As Follows:
  • Setup will start at 7:15AM. We appreciate any help we can get with setup. The more people we have, the faster we can get shooting!
  • Registration closes at 8:30AM but you definitely want to show up sooner if you can. We will, as always, do our best to accommodate squadding requests but your chances are exponentially better at getting those requests fulfilled if you register online or show up very early on match day!
  • Safety and New Shooter Briefing begins at 8:40AM.
  • Shooters’ Meeting starts at 9:00AM.
  • Match begins immediately following the Shooters’ Meeting.
Equipment You Will Need:
  • A handgun chambered in 9x19mm or larger.
  • A holster for your handgun. It is highly recommended you get one designed specifically for your gun and not a universal holster.
  • Plenty of ammunition. It never hurts to have “too much” ammo. While you may not use every round, I always recommend a couple hundred rounds (in case of necessary reshoots or "make up shots").
Not sure what division you have the equipment for? This match is pretty simple. There are only two divisions: Limited and Open. If you have an optic and/or a compensator on your gun, you're in Open. Everything else falls into Limited! Specific equipment rules will follow USPSA rules for Limited and Open.

If you have any questions please reply to this thread or PM me! I will do what I can to help you out. :)