< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CHP Change of Address Wait Time  (Read 1245 times)

Offline RedBird

• NFOA Full Member
CHP Change of Address Wait Time
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »
I recently moved and have been going through the process of updating my personal information for all of my accounts, licences, ect. Stopped at the Sarpy County DMV (much friendlier place than Douglas County DMV by the way) yesterday to update my drivers license and made my way to Troop A in Omaha to get my CHP squared away. On my way out the door the woman working the desk stated that the State Patrol would have my permit mailed back to me in 5-10 days ??? I politely reminded her that state law requires that my CHP be returned to me within 5 working days (as long as I still meet the requirements, which I do). She let me know that they would send my request down to HQ in Lincoln today and they would do their best to have it back as soon as possible.

I'm not too concerned yet but I am curious as to why the State Patrol is telling people it could take up to 10 days to process a change of address on a CHP. Has anyone out there updated their address on their CHP and run into issues with it not being returned within 5 working days?

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: CHP Change of Address Wait Time
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »
I think my turn around time for a move from Douglas to Sarpy 18 months ago was about a week.

I've recently (July or August) did a renewal that was a week turn around as well.

edited for clarity / grammar
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
Mine have averaged 3 -5 days.  My CHP with new Address, beat my new Drivers License by about 5 days.
Did them both within a half hour.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RedBird

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 08:11:19 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I'll have to wait patiently by the mailbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk