< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA-PAF October 17th, In Omaha  (Read 3373 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
NFOA-PAF October 17th, In Omaha
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »
More details to come, been trying for months to put something together and finally have a firm date and location.  So keep your eyes open and I will have more info very soon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:27:39 PM by AAllen »

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: NFOA-PAF October 17th
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »
There shall be Burgers and Brats.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:31:58 PM »
Ok I have confirmed the location, still lots of details to put together but on Saturday October 17th from 4:30 - 7:00 pm we will be having a fundraiser get together for the NFOA-PAF at the Starlight Chateau (1310 North 29th Street, Omaha. NE).  We will have a caterer there serving Hamburgers and Brats.  Speakers are still being confirmed but we should draw several of our Legislative Candidates and some current Senators as well.

At this time I am working on putting together sponsorships and items for a silent auction.  People said they wanted something in this area so here it is, there will be space for lots of socialization as well as listening to the speakers.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:01:30 PM »
Here is the flier.  Still looking for sponsors and donated items for the auction.

Offline Sandhillian

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »
I've got my calendar marked, and I emailed you about a sponsorship.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »
Here is the link to become a sponsor or reserve your place at the End of summer Party: https://secure.piryx.com/donate/aKjH1KXH/NFOA-PAF/eosummerparty

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »
With the number of comments about the NFOA Member meeting being in Grand Island and people wanting an event in the Omaha area I thought this would get more attention.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: NFOA-PAF October 17th, In Omaha
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 04:27:18 PM »
Did you get Handyman Joes' donation?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 03:34:15 AM »
But.... this is like important gun rights stuff, and ya gots no shootin...

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:39:26 AM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 12:02:35 PM »
We will be recognizing those who donate to either financially support the NFOA-PAF End of Summer Party, or donate items for the silent auction, Today we recognize Handyman Joes who has donated a $500 gift certificate for the silent auction. http://handymanjoes.com/

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
Got another donor to recognize, actually several but for the moment, Omaha 3D wood caverns have donated 2 hand carved furniture quality pistol boxes for our auction, these have a retail value of $500 each.  A photo will be coming as soon as I get a chance to.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »
Nice!

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline karl

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:37 AM »
No offense to the organizers, but why are you going up the 29th and Hamilton?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 09:05:19 PM »
No offense to the organizers, but why are you going up the 29th and Hamilton?

What is wrong with this location? It's just up the street from where I live.  I spent 7 months trying to find a place to have this and this business is owned by a supporter, one who is letting us use the space normally renting for $2-3,000 for a couple hundred bucks.  This is not shoot out central, it sits one block off the interstate in a safe residential neighborhood.  The normal activities held here are weddings, once upon a time this was a nunnery.  The Republican Party held a very successful event here a couple months ago.

And to add a turn of the screw it is in Ernie Chambers district, think of the irony.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:00:17 PM by AAllen »

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 03:27:36 AM »

And to add a turn of the screw it in Ernie Chambers district, think of the irony.

^this is a good enough reason for me. :D

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
Here is a link to a picture of one of the Pistol boxes like I promised: http://omaha3dcarvers.com/?page_id=69

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 06:18:18 PM »
We are under two weeks away from our party, there have been some great items donated for the silent auction. Now we could use some folks letting us know they will be attending so I can make certain I have enough food for everyone. Current confirmed speakers: MC, Bill Kintner, Candidate for US House of Representatives, Don Bacon, Candidates for Legislature, Ian Swanson - District 31, Dick Clark - District 27, Mike Hilgers - District 21, Patrick Borchers - 39 and several more Elected Officials and candidates may also be there to greet our supporters.

Sign up to attend here: https://secure.piryx.com/donate/aKjH1KXH/NFOA-PAF/eosummerparty

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »
Just under 1 week, we have some great silent auction items Certificates for Holsters, Home Repairs, and for defensive handgun training at Frontsight.  Then engraved pistol boxes, a Glock 43, a pistol case and Oakley Sunglasses.

And just added to our entertainment list will be some live music from Ken Hall from Oath Keepers.

This is going to be a fun time in the Creighton University buffer area, not "in the hood."  While this is a political event (fundraiser) and Concealed Carry would be illegal, open carry is welcome for those that are concerned.  Omaha's open carry ordinance allows carry with their permit or a state recognized CHP.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
Just got confirmation, a VIP guest will be stopping by right at 4:00 as we start to share a few words of encouragement with everyone.  They are on a tight schedule and will be out of there about 4:30 so if you want to see who it is you need to be there at 4:00.

Offline Sandhillian

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
Thanks for setting up this event, Andy.  There was a pretty good turnout.  It was good to hear from the Governor, a handful of sitting state senators, as well as candidates for Legislature and Congress.  And, to top it off, my wife won a gun.  Tough to beat a day like that.