< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Team NFOA Trapshooters get ready for the 3rd annual NSF Fundraiser event  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Team NFOA has entered a 5 man team in this event since it's inception, and I am volunteering to act as captain again this year.

Any NFOA member trapshooters are welcome to join me on the team, or maybe 2 if we have enough interest.

Details are listed below. Respond to this thread to add your name to the Team NFOA roster  8)

Nebraska Sportsmen’s Foundation’s Third Annual
PROTECT YOUR TRADITIONS AND HERITAGE TEAM TRAP SHOOT FUNDRAISER

https://www.facebook.com/events/413444772197967/

Sunday, October 11, 2015, 1 pm to 5 pm
Izaak Walton League
10801 S. 134th Street, Bennet, Nebraska
Nebraska Sportsmen’s Foundation 2015 Trap shoot

Cost: $150 per team; $30 per individual (Includes two rounds of 25 targets & dinner) Note: Adult beverages available for purchase after shooting completed
Register early to reserve your spot! They fill quick…...

Adult Division
First Flight Prizes 1st Place: $225/team 2nd Place: $100/team
Second Flight Prizes 1st Place: $150/team 2nd Place: $75/team
High School/Youth Division
1st Place: $125/team 2nd Place: $75/team
PLUS: $50 for Overall Top Gun $25 for Overall Low Gun

To register for this shoot contact: Scott Smathers, 1327 H Street, Suite 103, Lincoln, NE, 68508. Questions?? Call the NSF office—402-805-4308. ssmathers@neb.rr.com
Teams consist of five shooters. Individuals are welcome and will be placed on a drawn team. Lewis flights handicap scoring. Teams shoot two rounds of 25 targets
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
I'm trying real hard to have the NFOA directors on one team.
I'm not having much luck.
AND our friends with the Well Armed Woman just went thru shotgun training........
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Team NFOA Trapshooters get ready for the 3rd annual NSF Fundraiser event
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 07:34:58 PM »
Bump
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »
Bump
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
Crickets.........

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
Always on the same weekend as the DC/silencer hq buddy shoot or I would

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 09:41:13 PM »
Always on the same weekend as the DC/silencer hq buddy shoot or I would

Oh, which gun rights/ sportsman's rights organization does your entry fee for that go to?

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
Oh, which gun rights/ sportsman's rights organization does your entry fee for that go to?

HQ shoot came out before this one....

My taste is not trap shooting so this event would always some second for me regardless to where my money was going.

I didn't think there was money in shooting events anyways unless the ikes is giving stuff away which I have a hard time believing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:50:12 PM by tstuart34 »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »

That isn't normally my primary criterion for choice, really.

I start by matches I need to go to (for example, ones that I work), followed by ones that I want to go to.  After that, if something else strikes my fancy or is in a good cause, I might think about it even if it isn't in my area of interest and 1) I have time, and 2) I have money.

I'm thinking we probably don't need to get on anyone's case for choosing a different shooting sport (or even not shooting)...glad people like trapshooting and the cause seems good, but it isn't for everyone.  Nor is it required that everyone like it or shoot it, I'd think...

For example, I'm not really interested in trapshooting.  As such, even if I had the day free I probably wouldn't shoot it.  Matter of fact, I'm thinking about the HQ shoot also, though I may not be able to make it since I'm going to be shooting a large IDPA match in Kansas the previous day. 

I hope I'm not in trouble for not shooting the wrong match or giving money to the wrong state?

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 05:51:47 PM »
For example, I'm not really interested in trapshooting.

How can this be??   How is it possible??   How can anyone live with this kind of huge hole in the middle of one's life?

Must be fixed soon before it's..............Too Late.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 06:13:31 PM »
Respond to this thread to add your name to the Team NFOA roster
I'm not really interested in trapshooting
I don't need a list of those not interested, and since we have no members interested, I withdraw my offer to act as captain.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 10:10:28 PM »
I don't need a list of those not interested, and since we have no members interested, I withdraw my offer to act as captain.

Sorry for starting beefs, Dan.  But you hit the nail on the head there. It just really irks me when we send out a call to action, or need for volunteers, we get an overwhelming number of "Why I Can't"s
I don't wanna know you can't. I want to know who WILL.